Luxating Patella

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
Our Josie had to visit the vet today. She was not putting any pressure on her left, rear leg. Turns out that she has a luxating patella. Most likely due to slipping on ice. She is on pain meds. She does not have pain when relaxing, only when moving. She might need surgery, but will wait 2 weeks for inflammation to go down and see if it corrects itself. She's a real trooper. My wife has slept by her little bed nights. She eats and drink well. Nothing broken. One day at a time.:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Josie,,, there is no ACL tear, just the luxating? Sending positive thoughts and prayers she heals up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Our Josie had to visit the vet today. She was not putting any pressure on her left, rear leg. Turns out that she has a luxating patella. Most likely due to slipping on ice. She is on pain meds. She does not have pain when relaxing, only when moving. She might need surgery, but will wait 2 weeks for inflammation to go down and see if it corrects itself. She's a real trooper. My wife has slept by her little bed nights. She eats and drink well. Nothing broken. One day at a time.:pray:

Poor baby. Did they put her on rimadyl & or Tramdol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
My little 2y girl is supposed to have the patella surgery next week and I am so torn. Hers isn't bad... I was told by friends who also have bullies and have done the same thing to give it 3months and in that 3 months really work on rehab with her. I am so willing to do it but if there are other options I would like advise on them. I have 2 other bullies so keeping her restricted for 6-8w is going to be hard but like I said will do what is best for my little girl. Advice please from anyone .... pros / cons... thoughts?? Much appreciated

OP
C

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
Her leg has improved, but we will still go ahead with the surgery. Depending on severity costs between $700-$900. But she is worth it. Get it done before summer activities.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.