Hives! Please calm my nerves a little...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Currently dealing with this problem on my bully. He woke up today scratching so much, and then later in the afternoon he broke out. I'm worried because it seems to be spreading within just a day. He was out in some tall grass yesterday and not sure if he hit a bad patch or found some ants? I gave him a Benadryl and treating him to a warm oatmeal bath now to comfort him�� View attachment 98310

How is he doing?

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
Thanks for checking in everyone! Swelling has gone down pretty significantly .. The welts that broke the skin are worrisome but I've been watching and he's not picking at them now that they're like that. He was a little pink around his eyes yesterday and that seems to have gone down too. He tried to resist the Benadryl this morning, but it clearly helped him over night

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks for checking in everyone! Swelling has gone down pretty significantly .. The welts that broke the skin are worrisome but I've been watching and he's not picking at them now that they're like that. He was a little pink around his eyes yesterday and that seems to have gone down too. He tried to resist the Benadryl this morning, but it clearly helped him over night
Wow, those are pretty significant hives! be aware of his breathing, and keep the benedryl going. I hope he feels better soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Petra, I am just seeing this now, I hope all is well.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I PRAY BOEBOE SKIN WILL CLEAR UP AND NOT BE ITCHY ANYMORE. SWEET GIRL SHE IS.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
PRAYING THAT MANU WILL CLEAR UP AND NOT BE ITCHY, SKIN PROBLEMS ON THESE BULLY BABIES ARE ALWAYS SO BAD.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Petra, I am just seeing this now, I hope all is well.

All is well:) the hives went a way after a few days, and never came back again since. I did give her Benadryl and that probably helped a lot. I still don't know what caused it but I would guess it was a flea bite... have had that issue in the past:(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online