TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That is super useful information!

It came out of the blue the first time and this time and i never really got a satisfactory answer really, they just ruled out parasites with a fecal test and ruled out abdominal pain the first time. Brock isn't usually into anything, hes fussy about food and toys, but I know there can always be the time that's not true

Tyson was never into anything but food, we could leave anything on the floor and he wouldn't touch it. Then for Black Friday - me & the hubs were out all night but we would come home & drop stuff off, then leave again. We suspect this really pissed him off bc when we came back for good in the AM, he had eaten part of a pizza box, a flower, and pulled a towel from the bathroom. These are things he had NEVER done before. We had also around that same week cut his food back bc vet said he was overweight. It all backfired on us, so we're pretty sure that's when he ate the socks as well.

They did all those tests as well, fecal, abdomen. We spent 2 weeks running test after test, X-rays, ultrasounds... Ugh! Exhausting ... Thank God for the barium!

I'll be keeping a look out for updates. Poor baby, I hope it's nothing serious and he's better soon. [emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes your story reminds me of Tyson and my Yuna had one also, her vomit was dark green and smelled of feces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yep....agree with Jessica & Lisa...sounds like partial obstruction.

Also, could be a rock as several bullies seem to like swallowing pebbles
& such and it's not passing but not obstructing either.

Please give updates...praying for Brock.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I was thinking that too could he have swallowed one of the babies toys or part of?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Since nothing is staying down it sounds like on obstruction. It could of been that the last time too, but the do get resolved by themselves sometimes too. In my opinon he needs to have a x-ray and an ultrasound.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is super useful information!

It came out of the blue the first time and this time and i never really got a satisfactory answer really, they just ruled out parasites with a fecal test and ruled out abdominal pain the first time. Brock isn't usually into anything, hes fussy about food and toys, but I know there can always be the time that's not true

I'm catching up from last night.... Jessica and Lisa are right -- with it coming back up, I'd get him to the vet as others have stated --- x-rays with barium or ultrasound to see what he has going on.

We had a situation with Banks, we had no iea she had eaten a 2 inch rock. She never got sick or stopped eating, but she got aggressive with us, which was out of her behavior... x-ray showed the rock and it was ripping up her stomach lining -- we had no clue she'd eaten anything. best to get him checked

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Morning everyone, we just got back from the vet with Brock, he stopped vomiting but did have diarrhea this morning. The vet checked temp, gum coloring, breath and his abdomen as well as for dehydration but Brock was all normal, no pain or anything like that, since we were in about this before they are running blood work and checking his pancreas and we will have those results by Monday. Depending on those results or the lack there of the next step will be xrays if the blood work shows nothing or if there is any deterioration before those results come in. Our vet did say that he may have eaten some old grass or licked something that's been dormant in the yard since we do have different critters running around and the snow has just really melted. I really don't think he has gotten into anything though inside the house or out, even the baby's things are kept out of view and reach.

So I will keep you all posted on Brock and what is going on in his little body but for now we are crossing our fingers hoping for good blood work results and that when he gets some food later tonight he keeps it all in and maybe he starts gething his feet washed after every outting since he likes to lick them. He has had water a couple of times now and kept it down so we are atleast not as worried about dehydration.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my odie would puke yellow bile when his stomach was empty.. i fed him morning and night after this... and no more puking... sometimes he would not eat it all but as long as he had food on his tummy he was fine.. sorry.. i do hope all goes ok... i don't understand the stretching part... could he have something lodged in his throat or stomach... xray will help im sure... keep us informed... :pray2:for you both

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Morning everyone, we just got back from the vet with Brock, he stopped vomiting but did have diarrhea this morning. The vet checked temp, gum coloring, breath and his abdomen as well as for dehydration but Brock was all normal, no pain or anything like that, since we were in about this before they are running blood work and checking his pancreas and we will have those results by Monday. Depending on those results or the lack there of the next step will be xrays if the blood work shows nothing or if there is any deterioration before those results come in. Our vet did say that he may have eaten some old grass or licked something that's been dormant in the yard since we do have different critters running around and the snow has just really melted. I really don't think he has gotten into anything though inside the house or out, even the baby's things are kept out of view and reach.

So I will keep you all posted on Brock and what is going on in his little body but for now we are crossing our fingers hoping for good blood work results and that when he gets some food later tonight he keeps it all in and maybe he starts gething his feet washed after every outting since he likes to lick them. He has had water a couple of times now and kept it down so we are atleast not as worried about dehydration.

any updates on Brock?

OP
Cuddles116

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Got a voice message from the vet Sunday all of the tests came back negative and his pancreas is fine so we are happy about that. We were instructed to give a call today to give an update on Brock and so I will be doing that in a bit. His message did say shortnosed dogs do tend to have more tummy issues and things that don't seem to affect other dogs as easily hit harder so he does think he may have gotten into something we just can't figure out what it really is with all his supervision.

In the meantime Brock has been eating and drinking again (without th e Cerenia) and has had a solid bowel movement as of yesterday afternoon so we are happy he is doing better there as well.

After I talk to him today I will update any additional news =) I'm just happy at the moment that our boy is happy about food, ea ting and drinking again and keeping it all down with solid poops.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.