Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel does that and rocks from side to side and we clean her nose rope and all is better afterwards. Now that the weather is warm, her nose rope is cleaned once a day and sometimes twice.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Jewel does that and rocks from side to side and we clean her nose rope and all is better afterwards. Now that the weather is warm, her nose rope is cleaned once a day and sometimes twice.

Haha! Bulldogs!!! It's the exact opposite with my boy, clean his nose rope and it sets him off!! There is just no telling with these guys!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So we came back from the vet, all went well for the most part. The vet suggested doing a food trial for 4 months before trying allergy testing, clean bill of health other than that, had his anal glands expressed she said they were about half full so I'll just continue to have them checked when I take him to have his nails trimmed to stay on top of it

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I can't hear the sound on the video so, apologize for asking, but is he responsive to you calling him?

Jessica got all the questions I was going to ask... tail pocket anal glands, which would be an itch he can not get to

I just read this post(yeah,I'm slow............Maude never did that licking. Then she had her nares widened. Ever since them she licks the air like that,after chewing a nylabone,or eating something. I tell her her nose is gonna' fall off! I was thinking that perhaps her sense of smell is so much better,'cause it didn't happen until after the nare surgery healed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I can't hear the sound on the video so, apologize for asking, but is he responsive to you calling him?

Jessica got all the questions I was going to ask... tail pocket anal glands, which would be an itch he can not get to

I just read this post(yeah,I'm slow............Maude never did that licking. Then she had her nares widened. Ever since them she licks the air like that,after chewing a nylabone,or eating something. I tell her her nose is gonna' fall off! I was thinking that perhaps her sense of smell is so much better,'cause it didn't happen until after the nare surgery healed.

Years ago I had a shaggy dog,who when she would get a sore throat,she would lick everything,even tear up newpapers and swallow it,lick the rugs. I would have to put her in an empty crate