Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Do you give your bully anything for their breath? Izzy only eats her kibble... chews bones like crazy (so all her teeth are clean), she's young but her breath now stinks!

Any tip... recommendation.... idea... is welcome! :pray:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If its not toofers then it is most likely stomach gasses... Probiotics or yogurt should help clear that stinky breath up. At least that worked for Harlea.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thanks - noticed quite few threads yesterday mentioning yogurt. I give her but not consistently... maybe I will make it a permanent topping for her.

If its not toofers then it is most likely stomach gasses... Probiotics or yogurt should help clear that stinky breath up. At least that worked for Harlea.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I noticed Monty's breath changed after we changed foods. I am pretty sure the food is the cause of his as he has also been passing gas occasionally, not a lot thank goodness. It was pretty rare before. He has Kefir daily. Does this mean it is time to change foods yet again? Maybe a different protein in the same brand?

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
What food do you feed him? Izzy has been pn Fromm's Beef Fritata since I got her (pretty much!), she does well on it. She can get gasy if she inhales a lot of air (playing too much).... if I over feed her or depending on the treat too.

I noticed Monty's breath changed after we changed foods. I am pretty sure the food is the cause of his as he has also been passing gas occasionally, not a lot thank goodness. It was pretty rare before. He has Kefir daily. Does this mean it is time to change foods yet again? Maybe a different protein in the same brand?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He is on Acana Duck and Pear and is doing well on it. I was thinking about changing to the Pork and Squash to see if that helped with the breath. He also had goopy eyes but found out that was because of ulcers so I don't know if it is worth the change just because I can smell his breath a bit now. It isn't bad, just noticeable where it wasn't before. I think I will continue for a while longer and see how we go and avoid another food change unless really necessary.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.