URGENT!!! If an English Bulldog has pneumonia as a puppy, will it cause health problems later?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie had pneumonia twice within the first year of his life having to be hospitalized both times and he is healthy as a horse now. He is 4

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
They can always have health problems... but I doubt he'll have more problems cos he had pneumonia as a puppy:unsure: Hope he's doing good now <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never heard of it causing long term issues…

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great question, I think if he has an extremely tough time with the pnuemonia (long term) it could effect the overall health later, but ANYTHING can do that, for example, a twisted ankle now could mean severe arthritis in the ankle later in life. However, I would not focus too much on that now and just stay on top of getting him better as fast as possible.

Most important thing for any puppy is a good dog food, and NuVet Supplement to make a very strong immune system---

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Everyone above has you covered with great advice, I agree that I do t think it would cause problems later on, as long as it was treated and cleared up. I don't have any experience with pneumonia in dogs, but have had it myself as well as my son has had it, and we didn't get any long term affects from this. I hope Frankie is okay.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Diffuser with peppermint oil helps keep air passage nice n clear. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Can't say about EBD but my pug had pneumonia when he was born the vet said he won't last twelve hours well Maddisen lived until 15 and a very healthy boy, he was never sick

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus had pneumonia after getting sick from a bad reaction to his kennel cough vaccine. He was a pathetic little thing with so much green snot. He's strong as an ox now. I held off on neutering to give his lungs a chance to be healthy and strong before putting him under, although then I never had it done anyway. Moral of the story, really depends on the dog.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.