Activated Charcoal?

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
I'm still learning about my bd and I didn't see this listed anywhere, and I don't even know if this is the right area to post it lol. BUT- My Kai (2 yrs) has horrible gas, which I understand comes with having bullys =) The problem is more that she spends a lot of time in my in home office and stinks me out half the time, or makes me gag lol. She gets top knotch kibble and a great vitamin regimen so it's not that. I take activated charcoal for my stomach issues and when I'm feeling a bit stinky myself :eek: but wondered if maybe 1 charcoal cap a day or every other day would help break the gas a bit, or if there is something going on in her gut, help work it out. What are your thoughts? Have you tried it before? Would it hurt her to try? TIA!! :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My bullies get probiotics and yogurt, and NuvetPlus each day. They hardly ever have gas(either that,or I'm immune to it!)

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
We started with top notch food and NuVetPlus and we were doing great but the day I decided to try a little dab of yogurt on her food as a treat we were rewarded later in the evening with a blast of gas that cleared the entire living room and probably took care of any pests living in the walls. So now the rule is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Our mistake may have been using regular plain yogurt and not Greek but I dread trying unless the need arises.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My bullies get probiotics and yogurt, and NuvetPlus each day. They hardly ever have gas(either that,or I'm immune to it!)

I do the same at my house, and the gas smell has dropped significantly…

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Same here. [MENTION=15510]EnglishKai[/MENTION] when you say top notch kibble, what brand are you feeding?

OP
E

EnglishKai

Feb 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kai
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] She gets the fancy gold bag of Fromm lol It's the brand the breeder gave her since she was a pup and said she did the best on it. The breeder did tell me she is considering switching to a raw diet and was going to let me know if she was going to buy it in bulk and then let me try some to see if it helps.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@dolphin She gets the fancy gold bag of Fromm lol It's the brand the breeder gave her since she was a pup and said she did the best on it. The breeder did tell me she is considering switching to a raw diet and was going to let me know if she was going to buy it in bulk and then let me try some to see if it helps.

Fromms has a four star grain free line that is better then just about any food out there. Sometimes the grains screw with these babies. Also do you give her yogurt? Some people use it to cut back on farts lol. I know how bad they can get and how it can make your eyes burn sometimes. :ROFL:

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
I give Charlotte Fromm's grain free either chicken or beef and no gas issues at all. We are stinky free! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i guess i am lucky.. i have 4 bulldogs and don't have this problem... every now and then if my husbands slips them something , like table food or other treats, it will give them a little gas.. but i am blessed in many ways having my furbabies..
so im know help.. i have always thought the food caused it..

Members online

No members online now.