helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there. Question "De Jour"

My previous dogs were neutered normal surgery. But reading all your post on bully issues, was wondering if it's worth neutering Nyala normal surgery clamps each side or by laser. Seems laser has no swelling issues and same day back home.

Any of you bully parents seen a big difference?

Neutering $240 (30lbs) pfffft

Laser $89 extra

Microchip $40

Not a question of money just wanted some input. If laser is not necessary well extra $89 in her piggy vet bank account.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I guess laser is the way for bacteria issues

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am thinking that you are talking about spaying a female? If so, if you have a good vet,that you trust,I see no reason why she can not be spayed the regular way. I have had many female dogs,always spayed,and never had any problem.No swelling no pain meds ever needed. The decision is yours to make,whichever makes you feel better.:yes:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I am thinking that you are talking about spaying a female? If so, if you have a good vet,that you trust,I see no reason why she can not be spayed the regular way. I have had many female dogs,always spayed,and never had any problem.No swelling no pain meds ever needed. The decision is yours to make,whichever makes you feel better.:yes:

Funny... been visiting vets to see if they have bully patients. I say to one the word neutering the they spayed.. so I used spayed to the other vet the say neutering... go figure... lolll yes spaying..... I finally found a vet that does n knows bullies but I dont know this vet never been. This is why I was asking in here. If I google most says laser. But that's on all breeds.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] It is called neutering with a male, and spaying for a female. You can ask the vet for some Bully references (some of his bulldog patients,and speak to them.) It's your right to do so.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My vet still prefers to do spays the normal way, he offers laser,, but does not push it. My girl was spayed without issue and no pain meds after and she also came home the same day

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes spaying for female. Just each office I went to, no one ask what I had as a dog...duhhh them... anyway.....

I met a lady walking her 2 EBs at the off leash dog park. Her's were on a leash like Nyala. I asked who was her vet and that's how I got reference for the'set I went to visit. She said there are 2 of them In that office and that knows bullies quite well. She said she's very satisfied with them. One of her dogs must have a hip issue cause Nyala wanted to play she was going to jump on her dog and lady said to her son back up n watch the hip. That's why I ask if she liked her vets. Girl at front desk didn't push for laser just explained the difference in healing faster n less swelling. If it's true or not I don't know. I only had males as dogs. That's why I am asking my walking dictionaries in here

Members online