Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Thumbs up Neutering, laser or not?

Hi there. Question "De Jour"

My previous dogs were neutered normal surgery. But reading all your post on bully issues, was wondering if it's worth neutering Nyala normal surgery clamps each side or by laser. Seems laser has no swelling issues and same day back home.

Any of you bully parents seen a big difference?

Neutering $240 (30lbs) pfffft

Laser $89 extra

Microchip $40

Not a question of money just wanted some input. If laser is not necessary well extra $89 in her piggy vet bank account.

Thanks

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neutering, laser or not?

I guess laser is the way for bacteria issues

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I am thinking that you are talking about spaying a female? If so, if you have a good vet,that you trust,I see no reason why she can not be spayed the regular way. I have had many female dogs,always spayed,and never had any problem.No swelling no pain meds ever needed. The decision is yours to make,whichever makes you feel better.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I am thinking that you are talking about spaying a female? If so, if you have a good vet,that you trust,I see no reason why she can not be spayed the regular way. I have had many female dogs,always spayed,and never had any problem.No swelling no pain meds ever needed. The decision is yours to make,whichever makes you feel better.
    Funny... been visiting vets to see if they have bully patients. I say to one the word neutering the they spayed.. so I used spayed to the other vet the say neutering... go figure... lolll yes spaying..... I finally found a vet that does n knows bullies but I dont know this vet never been. This is why I was asking in here. If I google most says laser. But that's on all breeds.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels It is called neutering with a male, and spaying for a female. You can ask the vet for some Bully references (some of his bulldog patients,and speak to them.) It's your right to do so.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

7. Likes TyTysmom, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My vet still prefers to do spays the normal way, he offers laser,, but does not push it. My girl was spayed without issue and no pain meds after and she also came home the same day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Yes spaying for female. Just each office I went to, no one ask what I had as a dog...duhhh them... anyway.....

I met a lady walking her 2 EBs at the off leash dog park. Her's were on a leash like Nyala. I asked who was her vet and that's how I got reference for the'set I went to visit. She said there are 2 of them In that office and that knows bullies quite well. She said she's very satisfied with them. One of her dogs must have a hip issue cause Nyala wanted to play she was going to jump on her dog and lady said to her son back up n watch the hip. That's why I ask if she liked her vets. Girl at front desk didn't push for laser just explained the difference in healing faster n less swelling. If it's true or not I don't know. I only had males as dogs. That's why I am asking my walking dictionaries in here

Remove Ads