TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If your kisses don't heal it, what do you think the vet can do...I'm sure it will be fine in no time :yes:

Its so funny because when its someone else's baby I have some sense, but when it comes to mine - I turn into goop. LOL I have to admit I've been loving the "mama's boy" the past couple of days. Just stinks that it came from having his paw hurt. My big baby! :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ouch, Tyson! I think your reactions have been spot-on-normal, Jessica! We all turn to some form of goop when our babies get hurt or aren't feeling well, don't we?

That's why this site is so valuable...to help support and encourage one another. I have nothing to add to the already-amazing-and-awesome feedback you got. Just wanted to send Tyson and you lots of hugs and kisses. Keep us posted on how he's progressing. :blowkiss:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor TyTy :( I don't have dog experience with this but I do have some people experience! I'm thinking maybe it's a wasp or a bee sting and I will tell you that sometimes the stinger does come out, other times you can't see it. At any rate, everyone's body handles allergic reactions differently, if it's not getting worse I wouldn't be as concerned about it. I'm allergic to bees, only ever got stung once and was given Benadryl and also steroids (they help with the swelling, for people anyway I'm not sure if a vet would follow a similar treatment) but it truly was a few weeks before the swelling went completely away. I'm guessing because of where it is on his paw that's probably making it heal longer because he's irritating it when he walks on it. I would try to keep him off it if possible and if you don't notice improvement in the next couple days bring him in to have the vet check him out. I know Tyson is in the best of hands and that you are taking the best possible care of him :) he's lucky to have such an awesome mom. Please keep us posted of how you guys make out! Hugs from Murray and me

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Oh no, poor sweet Tyson :(
To me, too, it sounds like he has been stung or bitten. I know a human who got bitten by a spider (my dad), it lastet for some time (swelling, redness and pain).
I hope Tyson feels better soon and the swelling disappears fast.
:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This pic is from Friday.
I've checked all, the area that looks like a prick/blood is all I can imagine. I tried squeezing & he pulled away so that bothered him. It doesn't feel hot that I could remember - I'll take another pic from top when I get home so you can see his toe.

37a2df96d7af54923892f84692eedfef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOLY OUCH! I bet it one of darn fire ants you have down there. How is he doing? Eh, er, better question might be, how is Momma doing?

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
HOLY OUCH! I bet it one of darn fire ants you have down there. How is he doing? Eh, er, better question might be, how is Momma doing?

Mamas doing better after reading replies here :) hee hee

So I notice some improvement it's still swollen but not as bad, and his toe swelling seems to have moved up, I should have taken the pic before I applied the powder, doh! But you can kinda see his toe #2 from left. Bottom looks much better! Just did soak & applied more Gold Bond.

729ed4457953ab99f71e6cf00ceb663f.jpg

ad1300064ad179b2ae79a0129ed04851.jpg

[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mamas doing better after reading replies here :) hee hee

So I notice some improvement it's still swollen but not as bad, and his toe swelling seems to have moved up, I should have taken the pic before I applied the powder, doh! But you can kinda see his toe #2 from left. Bottom looks much better! Just did soak & applied more Gold Bond.

@Manydogs

It is looking a LOT better! Good job!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
FYI..... dilute it if it says so on bottle....

Peppermint*essential oil has analgesic, anesthetic, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, which provide relief for pain (especially migraines), stiffness, and inflammation associated with arthritis. Its even a great natural oil for weight-loss.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
It does look a lot better from Friday! Happy to see that. Chumley did the exact same thing last summer..he was definitely stung by a bee ...in 2-3 days his paw was much better. He'll be fine!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It does look a lot better. Keep up the good work-it will be okay! [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
Well the only thing I haven't read thus far is a trick that really works wrap some banana peel on it with the flesh side to his paw, if there is a stinger in there it sucks it out... The real trick of-course is probably keeping him from wanting to eat the banana peel.

Honestly never tried it on a dog though. I agree with everyone else about a bite or sting and that your on the right track. You may also consider a glass of wine for yourself ;)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It does look pretty red,swollen and sore. Sure looks like something stung him. I'd give it two more days of soaking and benedryl(unless it feels hot). If not better,to the vet-that's what I'd do. (but I'd try putting NuStock on and rubbing it in-because I have it on hand....)
Poor [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I even love his fat feet,I want to kiss them.(I don't like human feet..):no:

Lynn...we think alike! My 1st reaction was 'Oh...that looks sore, poor TyTy and
then wanting to kiss those fat paws (tenderly, very tenderly tho). I don't wonder
that the 'no dogs allowed' crowd thinks we're odd...we are! Lol, but I don't care ;)
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Its so funny because when its someone else's baby I have some sense,
but when it comes to mine - I turn into goop. LOL I have to admit I've been loving the "mama's boy"
the past couple of days. Just stinks that it came from having his paw hurt. My big baby! :)

Oh...we know this so well...when my 1st bully, Brutus, broke out in hives late one night,
I got right on EBN asking for help, my hands were shaking, my eyes were tearing up so I
could hardly see...just fell apart! He was still very new to me & the hives were from nothing
I could think of and all over him, I was instantly overwhelmed with fear. It did surprise me,
I'm almost always calm during crisis, even when my son sliced his leg open, deep & long, I
rushed him to ER. I cried in their restroom, of course, while they were taking care of him.

Think it's because they're like our children as babies & toddlers & can't tell us what's wrong
or give us feedback. No matter...these bullies ARE our hearts. Glad TyTy's better...HUGS!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just checking in on you guys this morning… WOW he does look like he was stung by something, but great job taking care of that mom. Hopefully the swelling will go down more today...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.