Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Hi all Hope everyone had a great new year and a great Xmas...

I'm having a problem with my bulldog latetly she been having these black spot on her body it look like dry blood in a way I can't really explain it looks like a pimple then turn black and hair grown on it. Just noticing them alot. Idk what it is the doctor gave me a special shampoo and I've notice a little improvement but I've notice it come back. So idk what it is and what I can do to fix this... Thanks

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Did the vet explain to you what it is? Sometimes bulldogs get hot spots... it's a small area that breaks out and becomes moist, then it dries up and becomes a scab. They can be hard to see cos they're under the fur but you'll feel them when you stroke over the area. Is it kind of like that?

It can be food related and if it gets out of hand it can develop into dermatitis. You could maybe try to add some coconut oil and/or greek yogurt to her food and see if it gets better from that.

What food is she on now?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi all Hope everyone had a great new year and a great Xmas...

I'm having a problem with my bulldog latetly she been having these black spot on her body it look like dry blood in a way I can't really explain it looks like a pimple then turn black and hair grown on it. Just noticing them alot. Idk what it is the doctor gave me a special shampoo and I've notice a little improvement but I've notice it come back. So idk what it is and what I can do to fix this... Thanks

Do you have a picture of what you are describing?

OP
Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Seem like what you saying is on the money.. I give my dog fromms from day 1 no problem maybe it might be the food idk. I will a post a pic soon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey so I added a link of a video on YouTube at the end I notice that today https://youtu.be/r3Axbyj_7BQ

The wet/moist spot is a hotspot --- shave the area , clean with peroxide and then keep it clean/dry. The other spots look to be a staph infection. Both these issues can be related to allergies or weaken immune system. She will need antibiotics for the staph infection, but the hotspot will clear up with daily cleaning and keeping it dry. You can also buy a Hot Spot spray at a local pet shop... Vectricyn.

How old is Hazel?

Fromm is a great food, but she may have issue with the protein or one of the other ingredients --- which Fromm are you feeding?

OP
Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Hazel will be 2 in July you guys recommend any food? I use Fromm weight management gold and I started to try whitefish and potato.. I think I might go back to the froom adult gold I didn't have problems when she was eating that unless u guys have other suggestion

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hazel will be 2 in July you guys recommend any food? I use Fromm weight management gold and I started to try whitefish and potato.. I think I might go back to the froom adult gold I didn't have problems when she was eating that unless u guys have other suggestion

I on't think either of those are grain free... try one of the grain free flavors.... pork and peas worked great for us, as does the new flavor Hasen Duckenpfeffer

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay I'll give it a chance thanks!!

Buy the 12lb bag and see how she does, give it at least a month. And let us know how she is doing... watch ears, paws and folds for any changes

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I have mine on the lamb and lentil flavor and it's a big hit! Good luck

OP
Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Jaime Jimmy Ramirez

Oct 1, 2014
boston, mass
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Ooh man I gave her the pork and peas and she loved it asking for more even my yorkie eat it and she a picky eater

Members online

No members online now.