Age Group

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know they say average age for EB is around 8yrs. I see a few in here like Tyson going nice and steady and heathly 10 today :birthday6: Cool dude !!!!

So what's the oldest yours or other's you've seen go up to?

Thanks for your inputs.....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I know they say average age for EB is around 8yrs. I see a few in here like Tyson going nice and steady and heathly 10 today :birthday6: Cool dude !!!!

So what's the oldest yours or other's you've seen go up to?

Thanks for your inputs.....

With good care, I've seen them as old as 14! You can see his age as he's slowed down alot... but he's still a solid brut. Just has some arthritis - which we're treating :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks made it to 9 yrs.... and there is a FB group 'oldest Bulldogs in the world' I think it is called and there was a 13 or 14 yrs old recently posted

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Diva just past and almost made it too 12 , proper care and they will live a long and wondrous life like any breed , There again My beautiful Tilly passed from cancer at 4 and she and all My guys get the best care I can give

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
With good care, I've seen them as old as 14! You can see his age as he's slowed down alot... but he's still a solid brut. Just has some arthritis - which we're treating :)

tyson is always the guy I think of when I think of older healthy bullies too :D

8 years is just not long enough...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
tyson is always the guy I think of when I think of older healthy bullies too :D

8 years is just not long enough...

I agree, it goes by so incredibly fast - so sad. I hate that dogs have such shorter life spans, I wished they lived as long as humans :(

But yes, Tyson still has pep in his step :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I disagree here, we have had some very young ones pass here and they were looked after very well I do agree thou that if you care for them and feed them properly they will survive longer but as I said not always the way sadly.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
As in many forms of life, good genes certainly do help don't they? Mine are both 5years old this year and I really cannot bear to think of life without them. They ARE my life.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
2 years ago I saw on that FB page a bully that was 16, I didn't believe it and called their bluff and they posted her breed papers, LOL!

I was told a long time ago, if you give them the best food you can find, the best medical care and the MOST love and attention they can live to a very ripe age. I believe that, there are many that live past 10 and 12.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Not so long ago (december '15) on the facebook page of an English Bulldog rescue in the Netherlands there was the following post about this sweet little girl named Bello Ro celebrating her 16th bithday :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/yvette.deg....1455466336./1675857406003671/?type=3&theater

Here in Germany is a reputable breeder who breeds EBDs since 1978. Her goal is breeding very healthy English Bulldogs. She presents (with pictures) some of her seniorbullys of all those years on her homepage: a 16 years old girl, a 15 years old girl, an 11 years old boy, two 10 years old girls, a 12 years old girl, two 11 years old girls, a 12 and a half years old boy.

My Püppy is not from this breeder, but from another kennel. Her grandfather became 11 years old; he could have gotten older if he didn't have gotten blind. Püppy's dad celebrated his 10 th birthday last year.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our BeBe is 10 now and still doing well. A friend of ours had one that was 15. I think keeping them on the lean side does help keep them healthy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.