Here we go again :(

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
As many of you know Abbott has had eye issues and leg issues.Well he has been doing fantastic on his laser therapy and Adequan shots for several months..until last night.We got home let them out to do their business and when he came back in he seemed fine.Fast forward an hour and wham..whining and won't put his left leg down,I check it's swollen some so I put moist heat on it.My husband rubbed it for awhile and when it was bedtime he carried him outside to potty and he wouldn't move he sat down.Same story this morning..Well off to the vet he went..our vet was out of course so the other doctor gave him his Adequan shot,laser and some other shot.Said he needs rechecked in two weeks.Said it could be his acl....I'm praying not but they've thought this before so I'm holding my breath and praying it heals..Now to keep him rested..He turns 3 next week what a birthday gift.huh

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sorry to hear Abbott is under the weather. Jewel and Bentley hopes Abbott mends fast and is moving without pain. I know what you must be going through. Jewel had ACL Surgery while she was a puppy and it was 16 weeks of shear H - E double hockey sticks L L. Positive vibes and prayers coming your way. --rj

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry to hear that. I was hoping that this year would be a BETTER one for everyone.:ohmy:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OH Abbott! Boy do I know how you feel, we are dealing with arthritis/old age... We've been through the Adequan, Tramadol, currently we are still doing laser, and just last week we bit the bullet and started Rimadyl. I really hope its not his ACL. Keep us posted!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm SO sorry… I hope it's not his ACL, sending prayers. I know it's never frigging ending :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah nuts!! sending prayers it is not the ACL and he just pulled a muscle.

:pray:

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So far today he's doing better.He's trying to put his leg down more but he is on full restriction by mom and dad.lol Thank you for the prayers and support.Here is his position for awhile..He's got his heating pad and blankets
a1449b99e4b7c93976655da65573530c.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So far today he's doing better.He's trying to put his leg down more but he is on full restriction by mom and dad.lol Thank you for the prayers and support.Here is his position for awhile..He's got his heating pad and blankets
a1449b99e4b7c93976655da65573530c.jpg

Oh baby.... I could snuggle up with him. I am praying its just a sprain and will heal up with some time! I'm sure you do this, but keep an eye on the heating pad, and move it around from time to time to make sure its not too hot in one area for long period of time. Sending hugs! He looks so sweet. Get better soon sweet boy!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sweet boy...sorry to hear about this set back, Christie.
I send loving hugs and daily prayers over all of you.
Please keep us updated, Honey.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Positive thoughts to you, hoping he improves and it continues.

It is never ending like [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] said....

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts for Abbott!

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yesterday he was really fussy so we stopped off at the vets and picked up some Tramidol ,sorry about the spelling.He is resting as much as we can keep him down.Still limping but time will tell.Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and prayers..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online