Help Needed! Walter… here we GO again!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
oh dear, Tracey. I'm just reading this thread. I know how worrisome this is but I'm glad you left your vet a message. Would you think of getting another vet's opinion if need be? I remember when Finn hurt his hip last summer and he growled at me quite fiercely when I tried to move him. I hate to think of Wally being in pain so I'm hoping and praying for a resolution soon. Hang in there!!!

I trust my vet's advice on this one… she didn't want to put him on steroids and wanted to give the meds a chance. I just thing it's either re-infected or something else...

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Boy! I hope its just the berries but I guess wont know until the vet checks him out.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Tracey I'm so sorry to hear about Wally! I don't know if this will work or not but I figured I'd mention it anyway- when Murray had his tail pocket infection he was a bear about letting me touch it to clean it too but [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] gave me some really great advice that worked for me- treats in one hand, wipe or I actually also tried warm hand cloth in the other hand (with a glove on, in your case) and just gently see if he'll let you dab it with the warm cloth. I had to give Murray the couple treats, then have an antler or something he could chew one while I was trying to clean him up and that helped, he didn't 100% tolerate it in the beginning but it got better each time. I kept my one arm so his head was like resting on it and used my other hand to clean it. It's a challenge because they're wiggly little buggers! Please let us know how you make out and in the meantime Murray and I are sending our love, healing thoughts and prayers your way!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well...this just sucks! I feel bad for everyone and poor Walter, that's just not him ;(
He loves y'all (and Willow) so much...UGH! I'm stepping up my prayers over him.
I send much love to everyone...hoping it's the berries!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts coming to you Tracey and Walter. I Pray it was the berries that caused the problem. Love, Susan and Elmo

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Cease er those berries. I hope you get in touch with your vet today. Let us know how it goes. Walter...Jewel and Bentley say be good to your mommy...she is only trying to help.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey I'm so sorry to hear about Wally! I don't know if this will work or not but I figured I'd mention it anyway- when Murray had his tail pocket infection he was a bear about letting me touch it to clean it too but @TyTysmom gave me some really great advice that worked for me- treats in one hand, wipe or I actually also tried warm hand cloth in the other hand (with a glove on, in your case) and just gently see if he'll let you dab it with the warm cloth. I had to give Murray the couple treats, then have an antler or something he could chew one while I was trying to clean him up and that helped, he didn't 100% tolerate it in the beginning but it got better each time. I kept my one arm so his head was like resting on it and used my other hand to clean it. It's a challenge because they're wiggly little buggers! Please let us know how you make out and in the meantime Murray and I are sending our love, healing thoughts and prayers your way!!

I'm going to try this today… PB on a spoon will distract him for a time, Thank YOU!!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I hope it goes well!! Are you guys going to the vet today?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope it goes well!! Are you guys going to the vet today?

I was too busy yesterday, and she didn't call me back… Ugh! Gonna try to call her today when they open…

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
How is he doing? Has he been letting you clean it at all or is it better without the berries?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray::pray::pray::pray: for Wally and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How is he doing? Has he been letting you clean it at all or is it better without the berries?

NO vomiting so it must have been the berries, and I got a quick swipe in on the bottom. So we are good for NOW!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I just had the biggest PITA logging into this site. The website did not recognize my password. I just might blow this site off for the biggest hassle today.

Glad to hear the Wallmeister is doing better. Try to stay warm. --rj

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just had the biggest PITA logging into this site. The website did not recognize my password. I just might blow this site off for the biggest hassle today.

Glad to hear the Wallmeister is doing better. Try to stay warm. --rj

That's weird… any issues today? [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.