Help Needed! Walter… here we GO again!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
damn, damn, damn..... I hope to heck it is the berries and it will clear up. Keep us posted on what vet has to say.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
damn, damn, damn..... I hope to heck it is the berries and it will clear up. Keep us posted on what vet has to say.

I think the berries may have to do w/the vomiting NOT the whole back-end issues…

I saw something hanging off his bottom, and I was just trying to take a look back there and he went off again :unsure: at least this time he immediately went to the bedroom. I'm at a damn loss...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think the berries may have to do w/the vomiting NOT the whole back-end issues…

I saw something hanging off his bottom, and I was just trying to take a look back there and he went off again :unsure: at least this time he immediately went to the bedroom. I'm at a damn loss...

Sending prayers kiddo!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

I really think he has had a bad experience with folks poking at his back end and that is why he snaps and the fact he will not let you get to his back side and takes off. Once this episode cools down, then I would start wiping his back side after each time he poops. Use Willow as a model, clean her and give her a treat. Then try with the Waltmeister. Power of suggestion here.

We do this with J&B after each poop trip outside (not to mention a cigar for dad). Gotta clean da booty :yes:. J&B knows what that means a does not bother them at all because they know we are there to help them and the fact they get a treat.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
poor thing!! hope it gets resolved quick for walters sake and your sanity. keep us posted

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Wally and poor you. Usko won't let me clean his tail, only the hubby can do that, so I know it's frustrading. Can you lift him on the table? Maybe then he's ok with it....

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Is a perianal Fistula something that can be taken care of? I have never heard of this. I'm afraid to google it.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
She had initially put him on antibiotics, pain & anti-inflammatory meds that first week or so… when he went for his re-check she added the second anti-biotic to see if this would help. She didn't want to put him on a steroid until she was sure it was just an anal issue. I'm afraid that this may mean we know the answer…

Wally will barely let me do a quick swipe of the area, and to be honest I haven't really looked at it. Ray is gone so it's hard for me to hold him and check his butt especially if he's lashing out… I don't want Lily to get hurt :(

I was just wondering if Wally will let you bathe him. It MIGHT be TMI but... we all do things for our bullies so.....When I bathe goob, I lather up my hand with soap and I clean his tail pocket out really, really well. He's usually pretty relaxed and let's me do whatever I want to him in the tub. We clean his butt after every poop but it's still nice to get in there every so often. Also, isolating him with you in the bathroom will eliminate the problem of him trying to run away or lashing out at Lily or Willow.

Also, when hubby comes back, will he tolerate baby powder or desitin? Maybe it's itchy or burns?

Whatever the solution, I hope you're able to find answers and a remedy for both Wally and you.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I'm so sorry Walter has got still/again problems with this :(
To me it sounds as if he is in pain and therefore reacts with growling and snapping around.
I once read anal glands can get small polyps inside which can obstruct the opening of the gland; antibiotics then can't help for long :ponder:
I really hope Wally has a problem which is easy to solve when found :assurred:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor little Walter - we're thinking of him and hope the problems will go away soon!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Poor Wally and poor you. Usko won't let me clean his tail, only the hubby can do that, so I know it's frustrading. Can you lift him on the table? Maybe then he's ok with it....

I could get him on the table, but he might really freak out… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is a perianal Fistula something that can be taken care of? I have never heard of this. I'm afraid to google it.

It can be taken care of, but it's reoccurring in most cases. It involved diet, meds, sometimes surgery… and constant care of the area. It's not a quick fix w/meds unfortunately…

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just wondering if Wally will let you bathe him. It MIGHT be TMI but... we all do things for our bullies so.....When I bathe goob, I lather up my hand with soap and I clean his tail pocket out really, really well. He's usually pretty relaxed and let's me do whatever I want to him in the tub. We clean his butt after every poop but it's still nice to get in there every so often. Also, isolating him with you in the bathroom will eliminate the problem of him trying to run away or lashing out at Lily or Willow.

Also, when hubby comes back, will he tolerate baby powder or desitin? Maybe it's itchy or burns?

Whatever the solution, I hope you're able to find answers and a remedy for both Wally and you.

Your suggestion is great BUT here's the problem… I'm actually allergic to dogs, and I get shots every month. They work great, the only problem is wet dog hair seems to really bother me, I guess I could put on rubber gloves. Not sure how he would react to that, but I may end up doing it. He seems fine w/powder but I haven't tried in that area yet...

Tonight I'm going to put his in his harness and hold him w/one hand while wiping w/the other… see if he doesn't try to kill me… Lol Oh these dogs…

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oh dear, Tracey. I'm just reading this thread. I know how worrisome this is but I'm glad you left your vet a message. Would you think of getting another vet's opinion if need be? I remember when Finn hurt his hip last summer and he growled at me quite fiercely when I tried to move him. I hate to think of Wally being in pain so I'm hoping and praying for a resolution soon. Hang in there!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.