Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Walter… here we GO again!!!

This is what happens with Voitto if I give him some fruit or veggies. At one point it got so bad that he started to spit up his food too and water. It was cured with smaller portions of food, no veggies or fruits and pepsid half hour before meals and before bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Honestly no he will get up from the couch, and next thing I know he has spit up… sometimes I don't even know it has happened, no gagging or anything like that. Most of the time it's just mucous not any food, or just a little bit… it's really weird.

2. Likes Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I'm taking Walter in today to see the vet… she still hasn't called me back but he needs to have his anals checked/expressed again today if need be. I haven't been giving him berries, but last night I gave him a couple pieces of fresh watermelon and about an hour or so later he got sick. Not to be too graphic, but it was more mucous than any food… the weather has been changing here so drastically from cold to hot that I'm curious if it's allergies. Right now I feel awful allergy wise, so I don't really know what is going on.

I'll let you guys know when I get back… I'm seriously getting frustrated w/this
    Keep us posted. You may have to stick to his food only, and no treats at all for a bit until you figure out what's up.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

4. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm taking Walter in today to see the vet… she still hasn't called me back but he needs to have his anals checked/expressed again today if need be. I haven't been giving him berries, but last night I gave him a couple pieces of fresh watermelon and about an hour or so later he got sick. Not to be too graphic, but it was more mucous than any food… the weather has been changing here so drastically from cold to hot that I'm curious if it's allergies. Right now I feel awful allergy wise, so I don't really know what is going on.

I'll let you guys know when I get back… I'm seriously getting frustrated w/this
    any update?

I am going through something similar with Cheli... started giving him Benedryl at night (Monday night) and it seems to have been helping.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes ddnene, Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene Hoping to hear some GOOD news today.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes ddnene liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

OK guys, just got back from the vets… and I have some REALLY good news!!!

Walter does NOT have Perianal Fistula, the vet believes he is STILL suffering from that one infected anal gland. She expressed it again, and now wants me to give him the anti-inflammatory Metacam. I'm supposed to keep track of the times that he has his little fits regarding his butt. Last time he was on an anti-inflammatory he had stopped that stuff, so I'm hopeful that this will work. The mucous could be the antibiotics or the weather, she wants me to keep track of that too… I'm going to give him some benadryl tonight to see if that helps any.

Worst case scenario he would need his anal glands removed, if this becomes an issue. I'm hoping that it won't end in surgery, but I just feel we dodged a bullet w/the Fistula. Thanks so much for all the thought and prayers…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

10. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom, Texas Carol liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Walter does NOT have Perianal Fistula, the vet believes he is STILL suffering from that one infected anal gland. She expressed it again, and now wants me to give him the anti-inflammatory Metacam. I'm supposed to keep track of the times that he has his little fits regarding his butt. Last time he was on an anti-inflammatory he had stopped that stuff, so I'm hopeful that this will work. The mucous could be the antibiotics or the weather, she wants me to keep track of that too… I'm going to give him some benadryl tonight to see if that helps any.

Worst case scenario he would need his anal glands removed, if this becomes an issue. I'm hoping that it won't end in surgery, but I just feel we dodged a bullet w/the Fistula. Thanks so much for all the thought and prayers…

YEAH!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

12. Likes ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

This is wonderful news! I'm hoping this does the trick and he has no further issues! Was he okay with her expressing his glands, etc?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    This is wonderful news! I'm hoping this does the trick and he has no further issues! Was he okay with her expressing his glands, etc?
    WELL not really, she has to put a soft muzzle on him but at least this time he didn't head butt someone His gland was SO infected that first time, that was why it was bleeding.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

15. Likes TyTysmom, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Wonderful News about Walter, he is a strong guy, the Love and Care you give him Tracey makes him this way, he is Perfect. Love As Always to You Tracey, Walter and Willow.

17. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene I am so overjoyed for you getting some good news for a change. So happy for you(and Wally) I had to express my Malanois glands every other month. These Bullies are the only ones I can't do by myself!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

19. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

WELL not really, she has to put a soft muzzle on him but at least this time he
    didn't head butt someone His gland was SO infected that first time, that was why it was bleeding.

Oh...poor Walter ;(...but I'm so relieved it's not a fistula and will pray
    this Metacam does the trick...wow...y'all have been thru a lot lately!
    Sending everyone BIG HUGS of love.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

21. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads