Puppy Limp

Teryassin1

Feb 9, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief and Diesel
Hi All,

Have read that bully pups can limp. Mine is 4 months and seems to have a limp with front leg. Weird thing is no pain, playful, eating, not showing any discomfort when palpated. Looks almost as if his left leg is longer than the right causing it to look like a limp walk. Thoughts?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Very well could be Panostetsis aka growing pains. It can last a few days to a month or more and possibly switch from leg to leg. If the limp lasts me than a few days though I suggest getting your pup checked by a vet.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it should go away in a few days to a week. Check the food you are feeding and make sure protein is not high. I don't like it being over 27%. If the protien is too high, the bines tend to grow too fast for a bully, and can cause them pain.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I learned My lesson , all our guys sleep in our bedroom some on the bed some on the floor ect ect , My first pup Tilly would climb the long circular staircase along with the rest of the hoard at bed time , within a year and a half tho she developed a elbow issues that needed 2 surgeries to repair it , now it was not just the staircase playing with 4 other large dogs on the deck ect ect helped cause the issue .
Bulldogs can have joint issues , with Rosie I was taking NO chances just in case , i carried her up the stairs for the first 4 months was easy she did not weigh much and when things really got going outside with the big dogs I slowed things down as far as she was concerned for the first few months , All our dogs are BIG mind you compared to Rosie , ( Cane Corso 110 lbs , Siberian Husky 65 lbs , Malamute/lab mix 55 lbs Rosie now at 7 months is 50 lbs ) , I let her play harder now and she does go up the stairs on her own now , we also purchased stairs for the couch and bed for her to walk up and more important NOT jump down to the floor , she uses them all the time .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online