Poor Anabelle vomited three days in a row

TexasSlinger

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Anabelle Buttons
Hey guys
My poor little princess vomited in her kennel 3 times in 2 days. It's pale yellow. No solids. No changes in food diet. Wondering if I'm not feeding her enough...

How do we arm the other 11??

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey guys
My poor little princess vomited in her kennel 3 times in 2 days. It's pale yellow. No solids. No changes in food diet. Wondering if I'm not feeding her enough...

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this with Annebelle. How old is she, and how much do you feed her? Puppies generally are fed 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, and then at 6 or 7 months old are switched to adult kibble and feelings are reduced to 1 cup of kibble twice a day. Any time my guys have had vomiting or diarrhea it has been caused by them swallowing something foreign. Is there any chance that she could have swallowed something you don't know about? My male Dozer has swallowed socks on 5 occasions, and has always passed them by either vomiting or pooping them out. We've been very lucky that he has always been able to pass them and he's not needed surgery for obstruction. He has on occasion vomited or had diarrhea for a day or two before passing a sock, and he acts normal, eats and drinks normal while he has the sock in his tummy. He actually just pooped out a sock last week, which I didn't even know he had swallowed, it was a sock of mine that went missing months ago, so he must have had that sock in his tummy for at least a few months. Signs of an obstruction are vomiting, diarrhea, drooling from the mouth, and being lethargic. Keep an eye on her, for these signs, and watch her bowel movements to see if she passes anything, but if she continues to vomit I would take her to the vet and have her checked out. You don't want her to dehydrate, she may just have an upset tummy or a virus of some sort, hopefully she didn't swallow anything, but it's something you want to keep an eye on. Does she have a fever? I hope she is okay, and she feels better soon. please keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you find her vomit in her crate in the morning,it could be that her tummy is too empty.
If that is the case, try giving her a rice cake, or give a little dog food just before she goes in for the night.

OP
TexasSlinger

TexasSlinger

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Anabelle Buttons
Thanks guys. I'll monitor her closely and give her a per bedtime snack as well

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I hope your sweet little princess feels better already and I hope, the bedtime snack-method
will help Anabelle :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
TexasSlinger

TexasSlinger

Nov 20, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Anabelle Buttons
Fed her before bed. Found clear vomit this morning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do you notice anything else unusual? Less active, pale gums, how are her poops? Normal? Runny, small?

And, how old is she again?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.