Apple Cider Vinegar

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How long did it take before you noticed a difference with tear stains? My Red has bad tear stains and consistently ends up with yeast infections.

He eats Fromm Pork and peas along with raw coconut. I tried to give him the braggs apple cider on his food. He eats but really doesn't like it and sometimes coughs it back up. I just used a small cap full. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Thank you

Have you tried a different flavor of Fromm... could be this isn't the right flavor for him.

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Have you tried a different flavor of Fromm... could be this isn't the right flavor for him.

Hi
Yes I tried beef frattata and just recently duck. It took me awhile to figure out pork and peas was a good one for him. He doesn't do well with fish and I also tried venison from Zignature

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi
Yes I tried beef frattata and just recently duck. It took me awhile to figure out pork and peas was a good one for him. He doesn't do well with fish and I also tried venison from Zignature

I fid all that too.. pork and peas is the best for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicolew65

Jan 3, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lacey
i use it In Laceys water daily 2 tablespoons in her bowl i also use it to clean her face. she hates it but Her face gets so stinky like old wet rags ...lol WIN_20170103_201222.JPG

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
How long did it take before you noticed a difference with tear stains? My Red has bad tear stains and consistently ends up with yeast infections.

He eats Fromm Pork and peas along with raw coconut. I tried to give him the braggs apple cider on his food. He eats but really doesn't like it and sometimes coughs it back up. I just used a small cap full. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Thank you
Have you tried mixing it w/his water instead of food? As far as tear-stains, I am always treating them. Pork and Peas is what we give, we have tried all the Fromm flavors (and other GF kibbles as well). Bass' eyes and nose run quite often by either an allergy trigger or excitement. The place I noticed the most improvement was his nose rope…it's beautiful and doesn't get irritated, I haven't had to Desitin his nose rope in ages and I attribute that to his current food and daily maintenance. ACV usually works right away though. I use it myself to avoid sickness in the household when my kidsies get sick…works like a charm!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
i use it In Laceys water daily 2 tablespoons in her bowl i also use it to clean her face. she hates it but Her face gets so stinky like old wet rags ...lolView attachment 103150

Ohhhhhhh OUCH......I think that ACV has a really low PH so the likelihood that it burns is very high......logic tells me although I'm not sure. You might want to re-think using to clean your dogs face.... let see what [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=10681]NewEnglandBully[/MENTION] say about this, I could use the education too.....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yea, gonna have to agree with Sue on this one. If you do use it on her face and it works, perhaps try diluting it down first. She may not like it bc it burns. My best suggestion would be to use Witch Hazel on a baby wipe or cotton ball. No burning, no irritation and will keep the area nice & clean, and dry!

Witch Hazel.jpgWH wipes.jpg

Ohhhhhhh OUCH......I think that ACV has a really low PH so the likelihood that it burns is very high......logic tells me although I'm not sure. You might want to re-think using to clean your dogs face.... let see what @TyTysmom @2BullyMama say about this, I could use the education too.....

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i use it In Laceys water daily 2 tablespoons in her bowl i also use it to clean her face. she hates it but Her face gets so stinky like old wet rags ...lolView attachment 103150

Ohhhhhhh OUCH......I think that ACV has a really low PH so the likelihood that it burns is very high......logic tells me although I'm not sure. You might want to re-think using to clean your dogs face.... let see what @TyTysmom @2BullyMama @NewEnglandBully say about this, I could use the education too.....

Yea, gonna have to agree with Sue on this one. If you do use it on her face and it works, perhaps try diluting it down first. She may not like it bc it burns. My best suggestion would be to use Witch Hazel on a baby wipe or cotton ball. No burning, no irritation and will keep the area nice & clean, and dry!

View attachment 103322View attachment 103323

agreed -- I use witch hazel on Lambeau and sometimes Hibiclens when he needs a scrubbing

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Ohhhhhhh OUCH......I think that ACV has a really low PH so the likelihood that it burns is very high......logic tells me although I'm not sure. You might want to re-think using to clean your dogs face.... let see what @TyTysmom @2BullyMama @NewEnglandBully say about this, I could use the education too.....

I don't use ACV topically w/out diluting, too strong. I also don't apply to the face, Bass is very sensitive (even to Hydrogen Peroxide). I'm also a fan of witch hazel for the face, works well for us.
If using ACV as a conditioner or rinse, one part ACV to 2 or 3 parts water…same for a paw soak. I am always amazed at how soft and shiny Bass is right after an ACV rinse.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.