Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Good Afternoon,
I feel bad that I seem to only post when something is going on with my baby...
We recently changed his food from taste of the wild salmon to Acana duck and barlett pear, and now ive noticed his nose rope getting red. We initially switched his food because he had a red spot on his paw that is loosing hair so i thought maybe it was an allergy. I am not sure if is this food weve been on it for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I haven't tried Acana duck but I did transition Murray from TOTW puppy when he suddenly got sick of it to blue wildnerness duck, he loved it but the tear stains got worse. I'm thinking duck might be the common denominator! I have him on Fromm pork and peas which he loves, the tear stains have been less but are not all the way gone so we may try either beef frittata or lamb and lentil next. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Greco and can you post a picture of the fur loss on the paw?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is on his second bag of Acana Duck and Pear and so far so good. But I have recently noticed a slight odor and I can't pin point where it is coming from. I had his anal glands checked and all OK there so I am not sure what is going on. I am going to give him a bath tomorrow and see if that solves it. Everything seems to be good so could it be the food?

OP
Paulita89

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
35057c335ca9e8111c67df3a83967e83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Good Afternoon,
I feel bad that I seem to only post when something is going on with my baby...
We recently changed his food from taste of the wild salmon to Acana duck and barlett pear, and now ive noticed his nose rope getting red. We initially switched his food because he had a red spot on his paw that is loosing hair so i thought maybe it was an allergy. I am not sure if is this food weve been on it for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.
Bass did not do well on that food…I loved all I read about it, but it was a no-go here. Big, dark tear stains. It's the Duck. I tried another kibble that was duck and same issue. Try Fromm Beef Frittata when you're ready to do a transitional switch.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
35057c335ca9e8111c67df3a83967e83.jpg

Agreed -- that looks like a hotspot... keep it dry and clean -- use witch hazel or get Vetricyn 'hot spot' spray (works great). Hotspots are usually due to weaken immune system which is from allergies -- could be food or environmental (grass, weeds, dust, etc)

OP
Paulita89

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
It has been there for about two weeks maybe more. The one on his paw is the worst one but he has some little ones on his other paw and under his chest. They seem to come out where he has natural brown spots. I have tried triple antibiotic ointment, hot spot cream from petsmart, cortisone and the last thing I tried was some organic spray I bought at the farmers market. It doesn't seem to itch and there's no oozing from it. I do catch him once in a while licking it, but we didn't succeed with the soft cone so I just left it alone. https://vimeo.com/154655785

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].... Smarty

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
lol! what a smart boy!!!! cute video

btw - Izzy is also on Fromm Beef Fritatta and we both loved it. She does really well, no tear stain or yeast problems.

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
I notice you are in Orlando, I'm in Vero and ran across a great resource in your area. It's an organic and holistic pet store. We've been battling yeast and allergy issues and the owner was a wealth of information. It's called Pet Orlando Healing & Health Center. If you want the address or phone#, let me know.

OP
Paulita89

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Good Morning,

So I took Greco to the vet for his paw on Friday and after a couple hundred dollars he was diagnosed with mange :(. they prescribed a special shampoo, anti itch meds and a liquid medication that we are not able to start yet since he had sentinel two weeks ago. Im glad at least we found out what it is.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good Morning,

So I took Greco to the vet for his paw on Friday and after a couple hundred dollars he was diagnosed with mange :(. they prescribed a special shampoo, anti itch meds and a liquid medication that we are not able to start yet since he had sentinel two weeks ago. Im glad at least we found out what it is.

Wow... was that the only spot on him?

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.