Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubbing ears on the ground.?.?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rubbing ears on the ground.?.?

My initial guess would be an ear infection .. and there isn't always any outwards signs or smell. So certainly get your vet to check it. I don't believe it would be a reaction to the fromm because he hasn't been on it for long enough or had enough of it to show an allergy that quick!! So don't give up on the fromm yet!!

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Chaos, hope he's ok soon! Pretty much sound like an infection to me
    I feel for him too, I suffer with regular ear infections and have one again now, its gotta be the worst pain
    Cuddles needed I feel he'll soon be better after his vet visit

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

UPDATE!! So the hubby took Chaos to the vet and he of course got his shots and definately has an ear infection in both ears He gave us some antifungal stuff (can't read the name) to put in his ears twice a day and he said that should fix his ears right up. He was rechecked to make sure the coccidia was gone and it is He gave us another round of wormer as a repeat for caution. He did ask what we fed him and told us he would change his food to a lamb and rice food, but I'm not. I want to give the Fromm a chance. He said the pink iness was from the ear infections, so why should I change his food?? I want to atleast let him get over the infection and then see if he has any more issues while on chicken food so I will know thats the problem.?.?.? Oh and guess how much he weighs??????????????? at 4 weeks =4 lbs, 6 weeks = 8lb 12 oz and at 10 weeks he weighs 14 lbs!! So he is definately growing up
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't jump the gun on changing his food. The reason for a diet change would be if Chaos seems to have reoccuring ear infections, which could be indicative of a food allergy.

It sounds like the vet gave you Conofite for the ears, which as you point out, is an anti-fungal. I noticed in Linus that his infections were often bacterial and fungal so be sure to keep an eye on things in case it's not entirely cleared up in a bit!

I am glad to hear Chaos is growing like a weed...hopefully his ears will be back in order soon!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads