Swollen Hock? Help!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my abbey had something similar to this..
hers didn't look as swollen but she would start limping so i took her to vet and of course she didn't limp so obviously the vet couldn't tell anything but did offer to x-ray if i wanted.. i told her she didn't act like it bothered her.. so we just decided to wait it out and as soon as i get home she starts limping.. but i gave her a low dose aspirin in case she was having pain and it cleared up in couple days... but then a couple months later she did it again.. same thing gave her doggie aspirin and went away... if it happens again i will be taking her in for further checks.. i assumed it was from the wrestling matches that go on in my house with her and thought bigger dog stepped on her leg wrong.., but i am curious how things go with you.. i hope all goes ok.. i will be thinking of you and hope to get updates..

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Did they x-ray it?

Exactly what I was going to ask, ??

Kept checking in all day and was thinking that if they came back with this kind of response Id ask for one.

If he showed/shows no pain it wouldn't bug me but it does? Is this vet couple bulldog experienced or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo's experienced bulldog vet was out of town and he had to see another dr in the group. He has an appt on Tuesday when she is back in town for an X-ray. As far as the knot/ swelling, it's like his bone is bigger or something. Hard to explain. It doesn't stop him from doing anything. Limps from time to time but not every time/all the time. I was looking at just now, it seems like it's a little smaller but I'm not totally for sure. We should know more on Tuesday! A friend of mine who is a vet tech mentioned bursitis. Any of you have experience with that?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bo's experienced bulldog vet was out of town and he had to see another dr in the group. He has an appt on Tuesday when she is back in town for an X-ray. As far as the knot/ swelling, it's like his bone is bigger or something. Hard to explain. It doesn't stop him from doing anything. Limps from time to time but not every time/all the time. I was looking at just now, it seems like it's a little smaller but I'm not totally for sure. We should know more on Tuesday! A friend of mine who is a vet tech mentioned bursitis. Any of you have experience with that?

Let us know what your other vet says, I've been watching this thread for an update...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've only had experience with Bursitis in humans but I'm sure in can happen to dogs. I really am curios now to see what the Bully vet has to say. It REALLY sounds like a benign cyst to me. I have one that I get on my foot and swear it feels like my foot has grown a giant bone bump and it hurts like he[emoji970][emoji970] when I wear certain shoes until my wife smashes it with a book and it goes away and all is good.

I hope he's limp free until he gets in tomorrow, please keep us posted.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Let us know what your other vet says, I've been watching this thread for an update...

Ok friends!! Good news. On Tuesday, we were getting ready to leave for Bo's appt and the vet's office called and asked us to reschedule bc they just had another pet owner come in with their dear fur baby who was having an emergency, who would require all hands on deck! Naturally we said of course- I can't even imagine how that poor dog mom or dad was feeling :( so he had his xray today! No break or tumors or bone fragments or cancer! The swelling has come down some on its own. She thinks maybe just a twist or sprain or funny turn? He will be on an NSAID for a few days and will hopefully be better soon. He has stopped limping on it too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news.. Hope he continues to heal quickly

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree Christine..where would we be without Lynn having most of the symptoms members describe here lol.

You are so right [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]! I just haven't swallowed gloves or socks(yet.):ohmy:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great news… I hope he's back to normal soon!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think we can take him, Lynn...what do you say?

Sounds like he(@Chumley) needs a good whuppin'!:begging::spank::slapping:@Texas Carol-I think we can handle it! While @2BullyMama observes and eats her popcorn!
I am truly happy that the boy's leg is okay!!!!:yes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great news!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online