helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there....

Question. The breeder I bought Nyala from said I have to get her neutered at 6 months old. Is this the proper age for her to get neutered? I use to breed dobermans had German Shepherd but neutering was 8 months minimum. Also some might not approve but Nyala is a miniature English bulldog. That might be different I don't know and maybe not...she's 4 months old. Thanks for your input. :yes:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I've heard mixed opinions - but not for minis. One of the reasons to "fix" later than sooner was due to growth, but that was for a male and possible show dog and was advised from breeders. Not sure if growth reasons effect minis.
A reason for sooner than later was for behavior and health prevention.

(tagged Karen for her input as she is in contact w/a mini-bullie breeder)

Last edited:

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I have no matter the breed done it at 6 months too 1 year old , the only thing and it has never occurred is what MY vet says to change My mind
Do you have a contract with the breeder ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
6 mths is acceptable, but some like to have the female go through one heat before spay, with our girl, we had her spay on her 6 mth birth day. It did not impact her grow or temperament in anyway

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your replies.

I do have a contract with breeder but her assistant emailed me the contract. One error she said on the contract is as quoted: puppy said is guarantee 3yrs genetic. Puppy said is to be neutered at 6 months old or genetic guarantee will be canceled.

See if I read it the way she wrote this is if I dont get her neuter guarantee is canceled. Meaning I dont even have to get her neutered and lose the guarantee. I will get her neutered no matter what as I dont want to do any breeding wasn't my intention either.

Anyway I was just wondering cause I did hear after their first period woud be good. Wasnt sure for a bully.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thank you for your replies.

I do have a contract with breeder but her assistant emailed me the contract. One error she said on the contract is as quoted: puppy said is guarantee 3yrs genetic. Puppy said is to be neutered at 6 months old or genetic guarantee will be canceled.

See if I read it the way she wrote this is if I dont get her neuter guarantee is canceled. Meaning I dont even have to get her neutered and lose the guarantee. I will get her neutered no matter what as I dont want to do any breeding wasn't my intention either.

Anyway I was just wondering cause I did hear after their first period woud be good. Wasnt sure for a bully.

Ya sounds like your right about the contract , Nice guarantee tho I have not seen a 3 year one only 2 year , if you are not planning on breeding I would hold on to that .

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh im planning on holding to it. They might be great breeders but in paperwork....eeeeeehhhh lol

Tomorrow im going vets hunting. I have a good one but not sure if his knowledge with EBD. I haven't seen ant EBD around my area. So need to do so research. Breeder gave all her shots and the ones left is at 8months old only. She hasn't seen any vet yet since I got her 3 weeks ago. So need to vet hunt before she gets neutered :yes:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So went vet hunting. My regular vet sold his half practice :fie: nowhere to be seen. Go figure. Seems the new one came out of school 2yrs ago. Hmmm.... Now I know neutering is basic from what I've read. Would cost 260 $ Canadian plus a free chip. But not sure if I want him to do it. Then went to see another one been a vet over 35yrs same price n you pay your own chip 40 $... Still have 2 months of searching for a vetthat has somewhere bully clients. ?.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So went vet hunting. My regular vet sold his half practice :fie: nowhere to be seen. Go figure. Seems the new one came out of school 2yrs ago. Hmmm.... Now I know neutering is basic from what I've read. Would cost 260 $ Canadian plus a free chip. But not sure if I want him to do it. Then went to see another one been a vet over 35yrs same price n you pay your own chip 40 $... Still have 2 months of searching for a vetthat has somewhere bully clients. ?.

Are any of these by you?

Brookville Veterinary Clinic
11280 Guelph Line RR 1
Campbellville, Ontario
L0P 1B0
905-854-2216
www.brookvillevet.com

The Animal Clinic
106 Mutal Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5B 2R7
416-868-1545
www.theanimalclinic.ca

Guelph Animal Hospital
110 Gordon St
Guelph, ON
519-836-2782
http://guelphvet.ca/contact-guelph-v....rEVzcweH.dpuf

Dr. Jim Standish
ALPINE ANIMAL HOSPITAL
10H KEENLEYSIDE ST
WINNIPEG, MB R2L 2B9
Canada
204-661-9090
www.alpineanimal.vetsuite.com

Algonquin East Animal Clinic
19162 Highway 60, RR2
Barry,s Bay
Ontario, Canada
K0J 1B0
PH 1-613-756-1984
Emergency ONLY PH 1-613-7173873
Fax 1-613-756-4038

Healing Paws Vet Clinic
Port Moody, B.C, Canada
Healing Paws

Staples Animal Hospital, 377 Commissioners Road W
London, ON N6J 1Y4
(519) 472-9301

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
In central Alberta.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
In central Alberta.
Are you in or near Calgary? I know it's more southern AB.
My mom lives there and while she does not have EB's, I'm sure her vet is phenomenal, could be a lead at least.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Im an hour from there. Im always in Calgary. There is a good vet here 35yr vet. I was looking for someone that does or knows bullies without issues. Im sure he does. My daughter in law, her mom is a vet in Ontario wonder if she has a list of the good, the bads and the uglies lolll

Thanks Jenzaar very kind of you :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.