FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi guys...haven't been around for a while...hope all are doing well ! have a question, my daughter has a boxer, for the last few months ever since being fixed Oakly has really had problem with yeast constant licking and biting at herself, mostly around her left hip area, daughter has tried every thing , the dr put her on predizone, it seems to help her greatly but she is wanting to know if there are natural home rememdies that may help her so she doesnt have to keep her on predizone...i know vinegar works, have used it on Forde's ( my english bulldog) feet but would like to know what others do for yeast and if you use vinegar, how and what you mix it with....thanks bunches guys....:) look forward to hearing all the wisdom on this subject!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there!!!

So, what is she feeding.... yeast usually is related to the food choice

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
hi guys...haven't been around for a while...hope all are doing well ! have a question, my daughter has a boxer, for the last few months ever since being fixed Oakly has really had problem with yeast constant licking and biting at herself, mostly around her left hip area, daughter has tried every thing , the dr put her on predizone, it seems to help her greatly but she is wanting to know if there are natural home rememdies that may help her so she doesnt have to keep her on predizone...i know vinegar works, have used it on Forde's ( my english bulldog) feet but would like to know what others do for yeast and if you use vinegar, how and what you mix it with....thanks bunches guys....:) look forward to hearing all the wisdom on this subject!

Yeast is primarily a result of something in the diet. What is she feeding him? You can try all kinds of things, but if internally something is causing it, it will only just mask but not fully get rid of the problem.

Is the food grain free? Potato free? I'd start there personally. You don't want them on the pres too long either.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
not sure the brand of food...will find out...but i do know its grain free....not so sure if it contains potato or not....will find this out today

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Agree with others. If you only treat it topically it's no use, since it lives in the digestive system. Probiotics are essential, pill form or fresh sauerkraut. There is a supplement called candida Forte as well which might help.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
tks , forwarding all this info to her :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
ACV ingested: 1 capful w/every water change. ACV rinse: 1 part ACV 2 parts water.
Agree w/others, most likely food related. Yogurt and Probiotics to help combat until the reason is found out.

(be sure she is purchasing the ACV w/the mother)

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
i found out shes getting the food from a farmers feed and seed, it is grain free but says it has potatoes in it.......will remember to tell her ACV with the mother!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Read this thread...it's mostly for yeasty paws. I tried it and it worked great so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other areas!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...h/20245-raretts-pickled-paws-yeasty-paws.html
:goodpost: just wanted to add that you can do this w/out the peroxide if need be…I found out the hard way that peroxide bothers Bass' skin, the reaction to his face w/the home-made tear stain formula (MOM, peroxide, cornstarch). Maybe his paws are tougher than his face, but didn't want to risk it…I have used the paw method as a soak and it has worked well.

Recently, Hubby bought a particular brand of witch hazel wipes that have worked AWESOME for paw and tail pocket…better than any other kind we have used before. It's gentle but what I love best is the sturdy-ness shape and dries quickly. Perfect for those tight areas.
Unfortunately, yeast is a constant battle w/us due to some foods and environment allergies. Even w/season changes, it acts up.

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Good Afternoon,
I feel bad that I seem to only post when something is going on with my baby...
We recently changed his food from taste of the wild salmon to Acana duck and barlett pear, and now ive noticed his nose rope getting red. We initially switched his food because he had a red spot on his paw that is loosing hair so i thought maybe it was an allergy. I am not sure if is this food weve been on it for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.