Nervous!! Joey ate Pom Pom off boot!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
In a split second Joey ate a fur Pom Pom off of my boots! when should I expect her to pass it? That's what will happen, right?? It happened 3 hours ago, right after she ate, then we went for our evening walk and she has been normal, playing, etc.

Could anyone please tell me what to look for? Uggggggg I watch her so closely, it happened so fast!!!

Thanks in advance!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
how big was it? If it wasn't more then an inch or so big you may be poop hunting for 2 or 3 days. These bullies are so fast! :rundog:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
how big was it? If it wasn't more then an inch or so big you may be poop hunting for 2 or 3 days. These bullies are so fast! :rundog:

Thanks! It just a bit smaller than golf ball, rabbit fur I think. I will be watching!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH boy.... gonna have a furry poo sometime tonight or tomorrow.... how is she doing today?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Maybe add a little pumpkin to help things move on out.... unless its out already? Have you noticed anything yet?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi, haven't seen any furry poop YET but has only gone once this morning so far. She ate a normal breakfast and went for our morning walk and she was fine. Seems to be OK, not in any distress. IF I need to give her pumpkin to get things moving when should I make that decision? Uggggg I'm so new at this, scared the c___p out of me. Thank you so much !!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi, haven't seen any furry poop YET but has only gone once this morning so far. She ate a normal breakfast and went for our morning walk and she was fine. Seems to be OK, not in any distress. IF I need to give her pumpkin to get things moving when should I make that decision? Uggggg I'm so new at this, scared the c___p out of me. Thank you so much !!

I'd add it now. If she already ate, give her a tablespoon or 2 of it. Then add more with dinner.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
When mine eats something he shouldn't, I make a mixture of pumpkin and rice. The rice will help catch things and the pumpkin will firm it up. Don't give too much. My dog gets a couple spoonfuls of pumpkin in meals so he is used to it.

I also do a spoonful of coconut oil (olive oil would work) to grease up the works. I also feed ice cubes that are made of water and chicken broth to get some fluids in there also. Then I dig through all his poo with a stick for the next couple of days. It's overkill, but I don't want it to get obstructed.

You are past the point where throwing up will help (I don't advice doing this yourself). Just look for signs of constipation or upset.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yup we have all been on poop patrol! it sounds small enough that he should be able to pass it. Especially with it being animal fur, I think it will matte down. Give the pure pumpkin (not pie filling) now, it will help. It could take as long as a week to pass so dont get nervous, and not to be gross, but you may need to find a stick and dig around in the poo a bit. Brutus ate a small sock once and it was completely encased inside the poo, I would never have seen it if i didnt break the poo apart.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Eureka !!!! We have furry poop!!! Thank you all so much!!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.