Help Needed! Manu was up all night vomitting :(

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
My poor babe randomly started gagging and throwing up last night. We were up on and off all night and I can't come up with a reason as to why he'd be sick. He initially "got sick" yesterday around 11:30-12, but after a little while - he was fine and back to his happy self. He ate his normal times all day, and wasn't especially lethargic or upset at all afterwards. It wasn't until last night that he started gagging consistently and seemed like he was trying to get something out. His vomit was pretty watery, somewhat flem-ish, but not unlike any dog vomit I've seen before. My concern is that he was going through that all night, and even still this morning.

Any other doggies have similar problems? He hasn't had any kind of medical problems and no known allergies as of now. I'd like to take him to the vet, but he doesn't show any other problems or pain. Wasn't sure if this was common dog upset stomach or something else. He's only 9 months old

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would take to vet to ensure there is nothing else going on.. It could be nothing but can also be something very serious.

At his age, it could be as simple as empty belly or a blockage.

Is his poo normal

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My poor babe randomly started gagging and throwing up last night. We were up on and off all night and I can't come up with a reason as to why he'd be sick. He initially "got sick" yesterday around 11:30-12, but after a little while - he was fine and back to his happy self. He ate his normal times all day, and wasn't especially lethargic or upset at all afterwards. It wasn't until last night that he started gagging consistently and seemed like he was trying to get something out. His vomit was pretty watery, somewhat flem-ish, but not unlike any dog vomit I've seen before. My concern is that he was going through that all night, and even still this morning.

Any other doggies have similar problems? He hasn't had any kind of medical problems and no known allergies as of now. I'd like to take him to the vet, but he doesn't show any other problems or pain. Wasn't sure if this was common dog upset stomach or something else. He's only 9 months old

Is there anyway he could have eaten something he shouldn't have? A piece of toy, etc??

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would take him in for a check up. Has he continued to vomit still this morning?

OP
Lena3220

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
Yep. Nothing irregular about it at all

OP
Lena3220

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
I thought of that too, but I checked for any pieces of anything to give me some kind of insight and came up with nothing. All of his toys are intact, no loose things on the floor, etc

OP
Lena3220

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
He did slightly this morning. More gagging than anything else. He ate a little while ago, and now is laying down like nothing happened

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would take him to the vets to make SURE it's not a blockage… better safe than sorry especially since he is gagging.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He did slightly this morning. More gagging than anything else. He ate a little while ago, and now is laying down like nothing happened
You know him better than anyone so if you don't feel like this is an emergency, you can give him a bland diet of Boiled sirlion and white rice, 1 cup three times a day, for a week and add a plain pepcid to his morning meal. Make sure you give the one that has famotidine as the only ingredient. This will help with any acid in his belly. Keep us updated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's honestly a mix of both. Maybe slightly more bile

wonder if it is empty belly issue.... how much and when do you feed him?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
If it is just once...

Mine used to throw up on an empty stomach. So I would feed him before bedtime. A dab of lemon juice is also supposed to clear up phlegm (but don't use too much).

Otherwise take him to the vet.

OP
Lena3220

Lena3220

Oct 1, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Manu
I took him to the vet, looks like he got a virus .. According to his vet, most likely from another dog at a local dog park we go to. He still gagging, but I was told he should be back to normal in a few days with his meds

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online