Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default help.. need to know something..

I call this web site my Happy place... lately i have had to vent a couple times and it happened again today but i think its all ending well, (another person needing a home for dog that "they don't have time for")..you know the type.. but again.. this is my happy place.. i'm going to not get angry at to many stupid people.. but any who.. i have a question..

is anyone familiar with protruding anus or prolapsing anus.. not sure what it is really even called.... well, its one of the reason's this person is wanting to get rid of his dog.. he bought her from a breeder the breed and breed and breed her and then discarded her... i know i could of said it in a better way but its the truth... something they don't want to admit but again.. back to her...

they said when she goes out to poo they have to wipe her bum and sometimes push her button back in???? ok.. is this something that can be fixed,, i am assuming it is from the breeding.. oh, did i mention she is only 4 and has had 3 litters.. so that is why I am assuming this..

is anyone know anything about this??? i may have found a home for her and i want this person to know all about it.. even though the guy that has her now knew this before getting her.. i'm not going to go there,, not, not..

but i'm feeling much better about this dog now because i may have found a perfect home and it makes my heart happy.. just want to get all the info i can.. anyone??? she is a beautiful girl as you can see..

-11870933_10205143263921568_1973473236948187365_n-jpg-12316580_10205726880231611_1237054059873078980_n-jpg-12509606_10205920767118662_4340800195110555152_n-jpg

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: help.. need to know something..

@punky This is what I thought it was so I checked it out>>>>>I'll bet they tried to let her deliver on her own! >>>>* It is of paramount importance to identify the underlying cause of a rectal prolapse. Does the dog have diarrhea or constipation, and if so, why? These problems, if present, must be corrected. Many cases of rectal prolapse can be manually replaced. Sutures may need to be placed into the anus to restrict the anal opening and prevent another prolapse. In severe instances in which the prolapsed rectal tissue become traumatized, the damaged rectal tissue may need to be surgically repaired or removed by a veterinarian.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

One of the main causes of this is weakened muscles from giving birth. Correction is usually surgery either with sutures or a mesh implant.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I have heard of dogs having the surgery to repair this, I will tag some members that may be able to help… I know that she needs to be seen by a vet ASAP!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yes, Cheli our Frenchie had this as a puppy --- it was surgically repaired and he is now 4 yrs old with no recurring issues. Diet will be key after surgery-- may need special food fir a few weeks to months before going on regular food.

And--- she is GORGEOUS ️. That face and freckled ear
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

No experience, just wanted to say thanks for helping re-home, WHAT A GORGEOUS BULLY!!! I LOVE HER!!!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

9. Likes CCandMurray, punky liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

thank you all.. i am glad to her this.. yes she is beautiful... my husband has already said he wants us to take her so this guy don't give her to just anyone that don't know anything about caring for bulldogs... His words where.. "we will just keep her long enough to find a good home for her".
    my response.. "sure honey.. we can do that.. isn't that what we are doing with gucci ".. gucci just turned 4 we have had her since birth.. lol.
    he knows my weakness. but i also know my limit..

but i am so hoping my friend will she sounds very hopeful.. I didn't know if it was painful.. i just read some and it sounds like it could be.. I don't know about constipation or anything with it.. that was all he told me about it.. I do know this.. if she don't take it.. i may not have very good will power.. and will have another trip to med vet.. we wont let this girl suffer.. gosh, my hair will be gray before summer gets here...

11. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

There used to be an EBN member here who had a prolapsed anus. His input would have been helpful. His name was Dave. I'll try and pm him.

13. Likes Texas Carol, punky, 2BullyMama, JennieS liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Poor beautiful baby! I have no experience but I am so grateful you are stepping in to help her! I hope it's something they can fix and that it's not too painful for her. Please keep us posted and I will keep her in my prayers and sending healing thoughts her way!!

15. Likes punky liked this post
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    There used to be an EBN member here who had a prolapsed anus. His input would have been helpful. His name was Dave. I'll try and pm him.
    thank you... i would like to hear how things went and what to expect

Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    I call this web site my Happy place... lately i have had to vent a couple times and it happened again today but i think its all ending well, (another person needing a home for dog that "they don't have time for")..you know the type.. but again.. this is my happy place.. i'm going to not get angry at to many stupid people.. but any who.. i have a question..

is anyone familiar with protruding anus or prolapsing anus.. not sure what it is really even called.... well, its one of the reason's this person is wanting to get rid of his dog.. he bought her from a breeder the breed and breed and breed her and then discarded her... i know i could of said it in a better way but its the truth... something they don't want to admit but again.. back to her...

they said when she goes out to poo they have to wipe her bum and sometimes push her button back in???? ok.. is this something that can be fixed,, i am assuming it is from the breeding.. oh, did i mention she is only 4 and has had 3 litters.. so that is why I am assuming this..

is anyone know anything about this??? i may have found a home for her and i want this person to know all about it.. even though the guy that has her now knew this before getting her.. i'm not going to go there,, not, not..

but i'm feeling much better about this dog now because i may have found a perfect home and it makes my heart happy.. just want to get all the info i can.. anyone??? she is a beautiful girl as you can see..

-11870933_10205143263921568_1973473236948187365_n-jpg-12316580_10205726880231611_1237054059873078980_n-jpg-12509606_10205920767118662_4340800195110555152_n-jpg

Ok.. i have an update.. the guy that has the dog took her to a vet.. he sent me a picture of it and from all the research and talking with my breeder i told him that it is possible that she may not need surgery because it would pop back in and didn't seem to bother her but i stressed it really needed looked at..

well, he did.. and vet said that No surgery was needed that he needed to give her pumpkin.. (i believe she was on a very poor diet) and it should get better..
    she has all her shots and pedicure while there.. now here is my problem... my husband wants her... i found a good home for her and i am hoping to get her soon but how do i pick her up and hold her for a day til i get her to this person without falling in love with her... i can't not look at her.. i am weak..
    this is worse then when i try to diet...

i have to have will power... my husband is no help... he keeps saying she can stay in the house and sleep with us and not be any problem.. grrrrrr.. he is tormenting me... he goes on to say.. we won't have any problem taking care of her.. we can afford one more... and we have to get her out of the conditions she is in now..
    I am seriously thinking about killing my husband and keeping the dog.. lol..

to be continued............

18. Likes JennieS, 2BullyMama, Biogirl71 liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I'm just now seeing this...sorry.

Ruthie came from a puppy mill before she went into rescue. She was supposed to be a breeding dog but she had a prolapsed rectum and had surgery to fix it, since she's so small they said she couldn't breed, severely abused her and then sent her to rescue where we picked her up!!! So lucky us!

I'm probably no help but you already have 4..what's another one??? i would get her out of where she is now and just see what happens. Don't kill me too.

20. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads