help.. need to know something..

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
I call this web site my Happy place... lately i have had to vent a couple times and it happened again today but i think its all ending well, (another person needing a home for dog that "they don't have time for")..you know the type.. but again.. this is my happy place.. i'm going to not get angry at to many stupid people.. but any who.. i have a question..

is anyone familiar with protruding anus or prolapsing anus.. not sure what it is really even called.... well, its one of the reason's this person is wanting to get rid of his dog.. he bought her from a breeder the breed and breed and breed her and then discarded her... i know i could of said it in a better way but its the truth... something they don't want to admit but again.. back to her...

they said when she goes out to poo they have to wipe her bum and sometimes push her button back in???? ok.. is this something that can be fixed,, i am assuming it is from the breeding.. oh, did i mention she is only 4 and has had 3 litters.. so that is why I am assuming this..

is anyone know anything about this??? i may have found a home for her and i want this person to know all about it.. even though the guy that has her now knew this before getting her.. i'm not going to go there,, not, not..

but i'm feeling much better about this dog now because i may have found a perfect home and it makes my heart happy.. just want to get all the info i can.. anyone??? she is a beautiful girl as you can see..

11870933_10205143263921568_1973473236948187365_n.jpg12316580_10205726880231611_1237054059873078980_n.jpg12509606_10205920767118662_4340800195110555152_n.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=295]punky[/MENTION] This is what I thought it was so I checked it out>>>>>I'll bet they tried to let her deliver on her own! >>>>* It is of paramount importance to identify the underlying cause of a rectal prolapse. Does the dog have diarrhea or constipation, and if so, why? These problems, if present, must be corrected. Many cases of rectal prolapse can be manually replaced. Sutures may need to be placed into the anus to restrict the anal opening and prevent another prolapse. In severe instances in which the prolapsed rectal tissue become traumatized, the damaged rectal tissue may need to be surgically repaired or removed by a veterinarian.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
One of the main causes of this is weakened muscles from giving birth. Correction is usually surgery either with sutures or a mesh implant.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have heard of dogs having the surgery to repair this, I will tag some members that may be able to help… I know that she needs to be seen by a vet ASAP!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Cheli our Frenchie had this as a puppy --- it was surgically repaired and he is now 4 yrs old with no recurring issues. Diet will be key after surgery-- may need special food fir a few weeks to months before going on regular food.

And--- she is GORGEOUS [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️. That face and freckled ear [emoji7][emoji7]

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
No experience, just wanted to say thanks for helping re-home, WHAT A GORGEOUS BULLY!!! I LOVE HER!!!

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you all.. i am glad to her this.. yes she is beautiful... my husband has already said he wants us to take her so this guy don't give her to just anyone that don't know anything about caring for bulldogs... His words where.. "we will just keep her long enough to find a good home for her".
my response.. "sure honey.. we can do that.. isn't that what we are doing with gucci ".. gucci just turned 4 we have had her since birth.. lol.
he knows my weakness. but i also know my limit..

but i am so hoping my friend will she sounds very hopeful.. I didn't know if it was painful.. i just read some and it sounds like it could be.. I don't know about constipation or anything with it.. that was all he told me about it.. I do know this.. if she don't take it.. i may not have very good will power.. and will have another trip to med vet.. we wont let this girl suffer.. gosh, my hair will be gray before summer gets here...

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor beautiful baby! I have no experience but I am so grateful you are stepping in to help her! I hope it's something they can fix and that it's not too painful for her. Please keep us posted and I will keep her in my prayers and sending healing thoughts her way!!

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
There used to be an EBN member here who had a prolapsed anus. His input would have been helpful. His name was Dave. I'll try and pm him.
thank you... i would like to hear how things went and what to expect

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I call this web site my Happy place... lately i have had to vent a couple times and it happened again today but i think its all ending well, (another person needing a home for dog that "they don't have time for")..you know the type.. but again.. this is my happy place.. i'm going to not get angry at to many stupid people.. but any who.. i have a question..

is anyone familiar with protruding anus or prolapsing anus.. not sure what it is really even called.... well, its one of the reason's this person is wanting to get rid of his dog.. he bought her from a breeder the breed and breed and breed her and then discarded her... i know i could of said it in a better way but its the truth... something they don't want to admit but again.. back to her...

they said when she goes out to poo they have to wipe her bum and sometimes push her button back in???? ok.. is this something that can be fixed,, i am assuming it is from the breeding.. oh, did i mention she is only 4 and has had 3 litters.. so that is why I am assuming this..

is anyone know anything about this??? i may have found a home for her and i want this person to know all about it.. even though the guy that has her now knew this before getting her.. i'm not going to go there,, not, not..

but i'm feeling much better about this dog now because i may have found a perfect home and it makes my heart happy.. just want to get all the info i can.. anyone??? she is a beautiful girl as you can see..

View attachment 95196View attachment 95197View attachment 95198

Ok.. i have an update.. the guy that has the dog took her to a vet.. he sent me a picture of it and from all the research and talking with my breeder i told him that it is possible that she may not need surgery because it would pop back in and didn't seem to bother her but i stressed it really needed looked at..

well, he did.. and vet said that No surgery was needed that he needed to give her pumpkin.. (i believe she was on a very poor diet) and it should get better..
she has all her shots and pedicure while there.. now here is my problem... my husband wants her... i found a good home for her and i am hoping to get her soon but how do i pick her up and hold her for a day til i get her to this person without falling in love with her... :( i can't not look at her.. i am weak..
this is worse then when i try to diet...

i have to have will power... my husband is no help... he keeps saying she can stay in the house and sleep with us and not be any problem.. grrrrrr.. he is tormenting me... he goes on to say.. we won't have any problem taking care of her.. we can afford one more... and we have to get her out of the conditions she is in now..
I am seriously thinking about killing my husband and keeping the dog.. lol..

to be continued............

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm just now seeing this...sorry.

Ruthie came from a puppy mill before she went into rescue. She was supposed to be a breeding dog but she had a prolapsed rectum and had surgery to fix it, since she's so small they said she couldn't breed, severely abused her and then sent her to rescue where we picked her up!!! So lucky us!

I'm probably no help but you already have 4..what's another one??? i would get her out of where she is now and just see what happens. Don't kill me too.

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
i did find out more about her that she was abused, it made me sad to think of it.. she was kept in a cage so long that she got sores on her legs, He told me she was afraid of the grass and did not want to touch it so she peed on the sidewalk.
and another thing...
she is terrified of a leash... if she just see's one she hunkers down on the ground like she has been beaten.. i so much want to report this breeder but i'm not sure what i can do since i did not purchase the dog from her.. my breeder told me that if she ever sells a dog, that gets that, she takes it back and breeders are NOT ALLOWED to sell a dog knowing it has that condition.. but then again, i did not buy her.. im not stopping there i am going to call a few places and see if i can do anything.. it sickens me to think what her other dogs are going thru.... oh, and i did ask the guy if the breeder mentioned what she had been feeding her.. he said this is what she told me.. quote.."i am feeding her an embarassingly cheap food from tractor supply".. I'm like WHAT.. yeah.. really she told him that.

she also asked him if it would be ok if she registered her last litter of pups in his name??? why would she want to do that..?? i'm wondering if she didn't breed her more then what she told him..

i wish i could say her name so no one would get a pup from her.. these are god's creatures.. she will go to hell for being so cruel.but im not her judge, i know as sweet as they are god isn't going to be understanding... . sorry if i offend anyone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending you lots of prayers--- you will be saving her from a horrible place whether you jeep her or get her a new home ((hugs))

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm just now seeing this...sorry.

Ruthie came from a puppy mill before she went into rescue. She was supposed to be a breeding dog but she had a prolapsed rectum and had surgery to fix it, since she's so small they said she couldn't breed, severely abused her and then sent her to rescue where we picked her up!!! So lucky us!

I'm probably no help but you already have 4..what's another one??? i would get her out of where she is now and just see what happens. Don't kill me too.

i wont kill you.. only my husband.. lol.. funny because we have a total of 6 dogs, 2 cats, well. almost 3 , im feeding a stray.. lol.. and we have a bird that talks back to me..and people think it is all because i love animals so much,, well, my husband is worse then me, especially if its a bulldog that needs a loving home...
it is a job.. but i wouldn't trade it for nothing.. i love my furbabies each and everyone of them.. even that crazy bird.. which will out live me.. i need to will that bird to someone. why didn't someone tell me how long those things live.. ha ha..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online