Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: help.. need to know something..

i did find out more about her that she was abused, it made me sad to think of it.. she was kept in a cage so long that she got sores on her legs, He told me she was afraid of the grass and did not want to touch it so she peed on the sidewalk.
    and another thing...
    she is terrified of a leash... if she just see's one she hunkers down on the ground like she has been beaten.. i so much want to report this breeder but i'm not sure what i can do since i did not purchase the dog from her.. my breeder told me that if she ever sells a dog, that gets that, she takes it back and breeders are NOT ALLOWED to sell a dog knowing it has that condition.. but then again, i did not buy her.. im not stopping there i am going to call a few places and see if i can do anything.. it sickens me to think what her other dogs are going thru.... oh, and i did ask the guy if the breeder mentioned what she had been feeding her.. he said this is what she told me.. quote.."i am feeding her an embarassingly cheap food from tractor supply".. I'm like WHAT.. yeah.. really she told him that.

she also asked him if it would be ok if she registered her last litter of pups in his name??? why would she want to do that..?? i'm wondering if she didn't breed her more then what she told him..

i wish i could say her name so no one would get a pup from her.. these are god's creatures.. she will go to hell for being so cruel.but im not her judge, i know as sweet as they are god isn't going to be understanding... . sorry if i offend anyone.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sending you lots of prayers--- you will be saving her from a horrible place whether you jeep her or get her a new home ((hugs))
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    I'm just now seeing this...sorry.

Ruthie came from a puppy mill before she went into rescue. She was supposed to be a breeding dog but she had a prolapsed rectum and had surgery to fix it, since she's so small they said she couldn't breed, severely abused her and then sent her to rescue where we picked her up!!! So lucky us!

I'm probably no help but you already have 4..what's another one??? i would get her out of where she is now and just see what happens. Don't kill me too.
    i wont kill you.. only my husband.. lol.. funny because we have a total of 6 dogs, 2 cats, well. almost 3 , im feeding a stray.. lol.. and we have a bird that talks back to me..and people think it is all because i love animals so much,, well, my husband is worse then me, especially if its a bulldog that needs a loving home...
    it is a job.. but i wouldn't trade it for nothing.. i love my furbabies each and everyone of them.. even that crazy bird.. which will out live me.. i need to will that bird to someone. why didn't someone tell me how long those things live.. ha ha..

5. Likes 2BullyMama, JennieS liked this post
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    Ok.. i have an update.. the guy that has the dog took her to a vet.. he sent me a picture of it and from all the research and talking with my breeder i told him that it is possible that she may not need surgery because it would pop back in and didn't seem to bother her but i stressed it really needed looked at..

well, he did.. and vet said that No surgery was needed that he needed to give her pumpkin.. (i believe she was on a very poor diet) and it should get better..
    she has all her shots and pedicure while there.. now here is my problem... my husband wants her... i found a good home for her and i am hoping to get her soon but how do i pick her up and hold her for a day til i get her to this person without falling in love with her... i can't not look at her.. i am weak..
    this is worse then when i try to diet...

i have to have will power... my husband is no help... he keeps saying she can stay in the house and sleep with us and not be any problem.. grrrrrr.. he is tormenting me... he goes on to say.. we won't have any problem taking care of her.. we can afford one more... and we have to get her out of the conditions she is in now..
    I am seriously thinking about killing my husband and keeping the dog.. lol..

to be continued............
    well, my husband is still alive... we took bailey to a furever home.. she seems to be fitting in.. but she did have me a little concerned.. i have never in my life seen a dog that was as laid back as she was.. she didn't pay an attention to the other dogs, cats, or kids.. she was so well behaved but part of it made me a little sad.. i thought of how my gucci , that is the same age jumps around and plays almost non stop.. i almost thought there was something wrong with her.. maybe she wasn't allowed to play.. i don't know.. but the family that have her love her.. she sleeps with them, and doesn't bother anything.. she acts more like and old dog then just a soon to be 5 year old.. they told me she wasn't eating much so i contacted the past owners and she told me that she never was much of an eater and she always free feed her.. said she always had food left in her bowl...
    just doesn't sound like a typical bulldog..
    Rocky has really been my only rescue so i wasn't really sure what to expect because of her background.. i keep checking in on her.. and i will admit i was kinda hoping they would have called and told me she wasn't working out.. lol.. i know i would have brought her back home with me..

does anyone else have a dog like this.. just would like to know if maybe living in a small kennel made her this way.. poor girl.. i know they family will give her lots of attention..

7. Likes 2BullyMama, Biogirl71 liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

So glad things worked out for her I think she'll be more herself after a while when she's used to everything... two of my bulldogs aren't big on eating either, basically never finishes their food so I don't think that's a problem as long as she eats regularly and don't have other issues. She looks like a sweetheart<3

I see we're in a bit of the same situation... my husband wants to take in every living thing he sees that needs attention, which is great but not realistic... Right now we have 3 bulldogs, a pug and a chihuahua, an African grey parrot, 6 chickens and a number of fishes... I've had many dogs coming and going to new homes, even pigs at one stage. It's hard to let them go but I rather let them break my heart leaving to a good forever home than breaking my heart suffering in their current situation.

Thank you for helping this sweet bully<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

I am glad this has worked out for the PuP, Well done you are a wonderful person , glad to hear your hubby survived been there .
    Diva, Odin and Dakota all come from similar situations , I have had Dakota now for 2 years and only this past couple of weeks does he trust me enough to cuddle on the couch with me , does not like MEN , Came from a Indian reserve in northern ONT CA, where they breed dogs thinking they will sell them to stupid southerners and of course they have No idea what is involved and loose interest just after the PuPs are born , they become feral, so they then CULL them with rifles , Dakota,s story goes that they had shot his MoM and his sister and he got away a nurse grabbed him and fed him until rescue was arranged ( can not say there name here but it all that this rescue does ) so you know when i got Dakota he might have been 3 or 4 months old , He loves Women = the nurse that saved him I think and the rescue organisations founder also a women , she flies hundreds of these dogs out of reserves i was lucky enough to get one , BTW our useless SPCA ignores all of this BS there a waste of Oxygen in My View speaking of a RANT ! Diva and Odin were from terrible home situations also they have all made my life better , Dakota is on the floor beside me as I write this lol , I think you are a wonderful person !
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

well, my husband is still alive... we took bailey to a furever home.. she seems to be fitting in.. but she did have me a little concerned.. i have never in my life seen a dog that was as laid back as she was.. she didn't pay an attention to the other dogs, cats, or kids.. she was so well behaved but part of it made me a little sad.. i thought of how my gucci , that is the same age jumps around and plays almost non stop.. i almost thought there was something wrong with her.. maybe she wasn't allowed to play.. i don't know.. but the family that have her love her.. she sleeps with them, and doesn't bother anything.. she acts more like and old dog then just a soon to be 5 year old.. they told me she wasn't eating much so i contacted the past owners and she told me that she never was much of an eater and she always free feed her.. said she always had food left in her bowl...
    just doesn't sound like a typical bulldog..
    Rocky has really been my only rescue so i wasn't really sure what to expect because of her background.. i keep checking in on her.. and i will admit i was kinda hoping they would have called and told me she wasn't working out.. lol.. i know i would have brought her back home with me..

does anyone else have a dog like this.. just would like to know if maybe living in a small kennel made her this way.. poor girl.. i know they family will give her lots of attention..

so happy she is in a good home and hubby gets to live, for now Living in the kennel like that for long periods could cause all this as she may be depressed --- give her about a month to settle in to the new home and she may start to come out of her shell
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

I hope this guy's girlfriend or wife gives him up on the first sign of hemorrhoids ... same thing. She will post, "I knew he had a problem when eating spicy food... but just tired of dealing with him.. ready to rehome him...".... People annoy me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the breeder and the abuse on this poor baby... no words or comments. I just can't understand human beings that abuse of animals. It goes beyond my comprehension and acceptance.

I call this web site my Happy place... lately i have had to vent a couple times and it happened again today but i think its all ending well, (another person needing a home for dog that "they don't have time for")..you know the type.. but again.. this is my happy place.. i'm going to not get angry at to many stupid people.. but any who.. i have a question..

is anyone familiar with protruding anus or prolapsing anus.. not sure what it is really even called.... well, its one of the reason's this person is wanting to get rid of his dog.. he bought her from a breeder the breed and breed and breed her and then discarded her... i know i could of said it in a better way but its the truth... something they don't want to admit but again.. back to her...

they said when she goes out to poo they have to wipe her bum and sometimes push her button back in???? ok.. is this something that can be fixed,, i am assuming it is from the breeding.. oh, did i mention she is only 4 and has had 3 litters.. so that is why I am assuming this..

is anyone know anything about this??? i may have found a home for her and i want this person to know all about it.. even though the guy that has her now knew this before getting her.. i'm not going to go there,, not, not..

but i'm feeling much better about this dog now because i may have found a perfect home and it makes my heart happy.. just want to get all the info i can.. anyone??? she is a beautiful girl as you can see..

Attachment 95196Attachment 95197Attachment 95198

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

i hope she comes around.. the new owners have sent me quit a few messages telling me how much the already love her... breaks my heart to think she is depressed.. i just want to grab her up and hug her and never let go.. sick people... im still going to find a way to get that horrible breeder.. if i don't it wont be because i didn't try.. karma is a bitch!!!

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads