I had a very scarey episode with Vegas Thurs. night

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thursday night we are all fed, Pj's on and getting ready to watch movies, Vegas brings his "stinky Monkey" into the living room to do his nightly ritual (suck it's face off) this is Vega's most prized possession, his comfort, his security.

Joe grabs it from him and pretends to suck it :eek:, I know gross huh?? Well Vegas got VERY nervous, you could just tell, he was pacing back and fourth and not taking his eyes off Monkey. Joe of course was making sucking noises and saying "Oh Vegas MY monkey".

All of a sudden Vegas stopped stood still and his head started tremouring and he started foaming at the mouth :eek:!! I flipped out and started yelling at Joe, got a towel and wiped Vegas's mouth, while Joe put Monkey back in his crate.

I was convinced it was a seizure so I immediately emailed [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], because I know Vegas R. has seizures. My Vegas is 20 months old and has NEVER done this before. He acted totally normal after he did this and when I got done wiping his mouth went straight to his crate and started sucking Monkey.

I have had it in the back of my mind every since, Joe thinks he got over-stimulated and so does Libra926. New rule in the Marino house, NO ONE TOUCHES stinky Monkey EVER!! (well I sneak it in the wash once a week) Libra had good advice and I do have my video camera charged and sitting my the TV in case this happens again so I can show our Vet. Hopefully it will not happen again, but WOW I was a bundle of nerves the whole night!!!

Stinky Monkey

luggagetag002.jpg

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What a week we have had with Vegas, first he eats my glove, pukes it out two days later, next day has explosive diarrhea, because the moistening glove was covered with Aquaphor, and now this. I hope this week will be a better week!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That was scary. I would have been worried as well. Hopefully you won't have to experience it again. You just need to get Joe his own stinky monkey.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], that is exactly what Libra said!! LOL. Seriously even Joe felt horriable for doing that to poor Vegas, I know Joe was just playing but I was more than :angry:, well scared and I turned it into anger on Joe. I know he was just playing. We all got over it.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Ok so now Joe needs a spanking :angry:. poor baby Vegas. I would be scared too!!! Thank God he is ok now. you are a great bullymamma so I know you will keep an eye on him!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Boy, you have had quite the week!! I'm sure next week will have to be better! That monkey is cute!! Cracks me up how these guys attach themselves to one toy. Gertie has a little (VERY little, one of her first toys when she was a baby) purple sqeaker monkey that she LOVES! It's in her crate, and she goes after Ida and Clementine if they even think about taking it out of that ctate.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
awwww, i hope that was the last of that! :eek: now i like saying 'stinky monkey'. lol i think you need a vacation or something after the week you've had. ;)

L

Lucy-licious

:eek: what a week :eek:
I'm glad Vegas' episode was short lived and I 'm pretty sure after that scare Joe will not be touching stinky monkey again so quickly, [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] is the right person to have turned to for advice I would have done the exact same thing. Keeping the camera handy if, God forbid there is a need is a good idea though I hope it was a one off and due to overstimulation and anxiety. So glad he's ok, try to relax and shake off this weeks badness befor next week starts xxx

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Pooooooooooooor JOE!!!!!!!!!! :p

A spare skinky monkey may not be a bad idea tho.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
What a week. I am so glad vegas seems to be alright. I bet it was stress. When we first got bella, my other dog just sat there trembling and drool was just dripping from her mouth uncontrolably for a good half a week:eek:. I was so scared something was wrong with her or that she had rabies or something(yes she has her shot's but I'm paranoid). Turns out, she was just not happy about bella being here. Now they are the best of friends :D.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow sure hope that yall have a better week if not maybe yall should just all crawl under a rock and hide for a few days!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

That's awful ..... I have a video of Maggie doing head tremors because she was getting over-stimulated at being offered treats. We videoed it to take to the neurologist .... I have to run and teach a bootcamp class now but I'll get on here later today and attempt to download it so that you can see if it was the same thing as Vegas did. In the end the neurologist agreed it was over-stimulation and nothing to do with the "episodes" that she has. Maybe it will help to put your mind at rest!!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
Yes I would like to view your video, Thank You. I have done a lot of reading since the episode and I have read this can happen from over-stimulation.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] ... Would you pleaase start a thread with that video so the rest of us will have some idea as to what the over-stimulation tremors may look like? I'd sure like to have that info in my head if Princess Gracie ever has an episode. Thanx in advance :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.