Thread: Red Spots on Legs & Feet

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mac
    Likes (Received)

Default Red Spots on Legs & Feet

Hi just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this issue with their dogs before. I noticed a few weeks ago that my boy has gotten these red spots on his lower front legs. He has one on his lower right leg and then also between one of his toes, one more on his other leg just above his paw. He also seems to have 2 very small ones on the back of his hind legs(those have since looked they are clearing up). I have taken him to the vet and they prescribed us a shampoo and then a topical gel to put on. At first the spots were looking better, but now it seems that there is not much change. He occasionally will lick at them but not very much. We are going back for a recheck soon where the vet said if it did not look any better they may take skin samples. If anyone knows what this may be or has dealt with it in the past any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20160104_210732-jpg  

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Red Spots on Legs & Feet

Do you live in a cold climate , like salt used on side walks roads , a warm climate so you fertilize the lawns he goes on , is your vet have other Bulldogs in his/ her Keep , no offence meant to him or her but I would have already taken the samples not charged for another visit if i did not know what it was , just Me and the vet i use .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The one between the toes is a interdigital cyst-- soak in warm water and epsom salt for a few mins twice a day. The other one might be mites/mange -- any other spots like that on your baby?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mac
    Likes (Received)

Im in Massachusetts so the weather is unpredictable lol but I do not believe it has to do with weather...this is the first time that is has ever happened and we have not changed anything in our environment since they have shown up. And yes our vet does have experience with bulldogs...she wanted to try with the medicated shampoo baths for 3 weeks and the topical ointment before we did the skin samples. It doesnt bother him just looks horrible because of his white coloring on his legs

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mac
    Likes (Received)

Thank you I will have to try the epsom salt and warm water bath to see if that makes a difference. Its so strange because the spots just showed up. They were not small and than got larger they just appeared that size. He only has those 2 on one leg and then 1 more on the opposite front leg. We will be going back to the vet soon so I will keep you posted! Thanks!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mac63014 View Post
    Thank you I will have to try the epsom salt and warm water bath to see if that makes a difference. Its so strange because the spots just showed up. They were not small and than got larger they just appeared that size. He only has those 2 on one leg and then 1 more on the opposite front leg. We will be going back to the vet soon so I will keep you posted! Thanks!
    let us know how he does with the foot soaks, but I am curious on why the vet did not skin scrape to rule out mange?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads