Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@ddnene Just saw this post, and so happy to see GOOD news at the end! I was going to go through a past anal gland story, but luckily now I don't have to!! /so happy for small problems(though no problems would be BETTER!!):havemyheart:
Forgot to mention that when I read that title, I thought I was going to have a heart attack......

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Glad that was an easy fix!

I'll have to share with you the story of the first time brutus got his expressed...hee hee hee.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news! :hug:s to you, Wally and Willow too!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am glad to hear that Wally is feeling better. I have never dealt with an infected anal gland myself, but it sounds painful.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Ah good news at the end of it was scared there especially after reading the heading no not Walter hope it settles for him the new heat should help you all. Sorry to hear about your friend there sure has been a lot of that going on lately - hugs hope things get better :yes:

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
I just read this thread and I am very glad Walter is feeling better already :whew:
We had a terrier many years ago who did have infected anal glands once. She felt very uncontortable and it seemed to be very painful; she got antibiotics and the glands were washed up several times by the vet (the dog hated it); afterwards everything was fine and the problem never came back. I wish Wally a speedy recovery!

I' m very sorry about your friend's death :(
I hope things get better soon :assurred:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene Just saw this post, and so happy to see GOOD news at the end! I was going to go through a past anal gland story, but luckily now I don't have to!! /so happy for small problems(though no problems would be BETTER!!):havemyheart:
Forgot to mention that when I read that title, I thought I was going to have a heart attack......

Oh gosh sorry… I was trying to keep the title short!!! :unsure:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am glad to hear that Wally is feeling better. I have never dealt with an infected anal gland myself, but it sounds painful.

It must be extremely painful, I would have NEVER imagined Wally w/a muzzle on. The vet was SO upset, she gave him about 10 treats and sat on the floor until he warmed back up to her. We have to go back in again on Tues for a re-check!!! Ugh...

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm just reading this late but I'm glad Wally is on the road to recovery! Hopefully things are getting better for you Tracey. You sure have had more than your share of bad luck to deal with. Thinking of you.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys!!!

Wally is doing great this morning, gave him his meds and he seems fine. Taking him back on Tues so they can once again drain the gland… I'm sure he will be thrilled about that :unsure:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Baby Boy!

I'd go berserk on them pressing my sore butt too!

Couldn't wait to check here and see the dx, bad but
fixable, I give grateful thanks!

Group hug :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.