Rash/allergies?

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
My dog has been breaking out in a rash and tonight it seems worse. She eats lamb dog food from Earthborn Hollistic. We are in Michigan so I hope her allergies would go away with the snow, but no luck! She had a bath a few nights ago. I use free and clear detergent and washed all her beds.

imagejpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Looks like she is reacting to something, you can give her benadryl… if she has hives I would keep a close eye on her. If you see any breathing issues, rush her to the emergency vets. How long has she been on her food? Has she ever broken out from baths before? Many dogs have reaction to the salt they put on the roads when it snows… was she rolling around in the yard? My Bella had a reaction like that onetime because I used Febreeze on the couch… sometimes you have to play detective to figure out what's going on.

OP
J

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I didn't think of he salt. I use this pet friendly one but who kneels. She has been on her food for months and no issues. Every once in awhile I will see a slight rash but not this bad. Nothing is raised so I don't think hives.

OP
J

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
Her paws are red. The rash goes up to her chest under her arm area as well

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Her paws are red. The rash goes up to her chest under her arm area as well

damn.... probably is either the salt or the food. did you wipe her with a warm cloth to see if it helped?

OP
J

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I did. The rash appears to be fading. So I'll just keep an eye on her. Anyone have suggestions for salt this time of year? I use what says it is pet friendly

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did. The rash appears to be fading. So I'll just keep an eye on her. Anyone have suggestions for salt this time of year? I use what says it is pet friendly

We try our best to avoid it, but if we can't, I wipe the paws after each outing to lessen any impact.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.