cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So my little Boo-Boo-Finn started throwing up this morning. He was having reverse sneezing along with the vomiting. I thought he was done with vomiting after the first round since most of his breakfast came out but the little guy threw up a couple more times where it was frothy bile and I did see a couple tinges of pink which I can only assume is blood :(

He started the Orijen Six Fish about 2 days ago so I'm wondering if he's reacting to that food change (?) He's also on cephalexin and apoquel, started about 5 days ago and wasn't having any problems so I don't think it's from the meds.

Anyone have any thoughts? maybe he's picked up a bug. I'm going to feed him some plain white rice and maybe chicken broth for dinner. Do you think i could add some lean ground beef? he definitely still has an appetite and is acting normal.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What was he eating before? The six fish is super high in protein - he could be reacting to it. Tyson didn't do so great on it either.....

I would do the rice/chicken for a few days and see if it clears up. If he continues vomiting even after the bland, I'd be at the vet. Poor Finn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What was he eating before? The six fish is super high in protein - he could be reacting to it. Tyson didn't do so great on it either.....

I would do the rice/chicken for a few days and see if it clears up. If he continues vomiting even after the bland, I'd be at the vet. Poor Finn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jessica. Finn was on Earthborn Holistic prior to the Orijen. I switched him b/c of his skin issues, just trying to see which food he might be better suited for. Seems like there's one thing after another with him. So maybe the Six Fish is just too rich in protein for Finn. It sure cost a lot of $$! Tate is doing fine on it but then again, he's always been a little easier when it came to the food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wonder if the meds are too much for his belly?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/everyone… maybe the fish is too much or the meds. Have you ever had allergy testing done on him?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wonder if the meds are too much for his belly?

Could be, or maybe the combination of switching foods PLUS being on those meds are just causing his tummy to do somersaults. Hoping it's just a temporary issue and he'll be good as new soon. So far this afternoon all he's been doing is terrorizing the gardener! :w00t:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree w/everyone… maybe the fish is too much or the meds. Have you ever had allergy testing done on him?

no, never did the allergy testing on him but i considered it some time ago. He's probably a good candidate for that too b/c of all his "issues"!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally get the allergy testing... Maybe give a pepcid before meal to see if it helps his belly. Is he drinking water normal?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], he's drinking normally. He's hungry too...wants me to give him snacks (which I'm not doing), so that part is all normal. I don't have any pepcid, is that OTC? i'm a pharmacist, i should know this! :ashamed:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good on water intake! Yes, OTC. 1 pill, i think it is 10mg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So my little Boo-Boo-Finn started throwing up this morning. He was having reverse sneezing along with the vomiting. I thought he was done with vomiting after the first round since most of his breakfast came out but the little guy threw up a couple more times where it was frothy bile and I did see a couple tinges of pink which I can only assume is blood :(

He started the Orijen Six Fish about 2 days ago so I'm wondering if he's reacting to that food change (?) He's also on cephalexin and apoquel, started about 5 days ago and wasn't having any problems so I don't think it's from the meds.

Anyone have any thoughts? maybe he's picked up a bug. I'm going to feed him some plain white rice and maybe chicken broth for dinner. Do you think i could add some lean ground beef? he definitely still has an appetite and is acting normal.
Brutus throws up profusely with any kind of fish food.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes @2BullyMama, he's drinking normally. He's hungry too...wants me to give him snacks (which I'm not doing), so that part is all normal. I don't have any pepcid, is that OTC? i'm a pharmacist, i should know this! :ashamed:
Just make sure the only ingredient is fomotadine. There is a Pepcid that has fomotadine and another active ingredient, this not the one you want.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Finn :( I hope he feels better soon! Personally when I had Murray on the bland diet he didn't care for the chicken but loved the lean ground beef with rice and no salt chicken stock

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't get the famotadine (pepcid) yet, but Finn hasn't thrown up since this afternoon, thank goodness. I bought some extra lean ground beef for him but decided to just give him plain white rice and chicken broth for dinner. So far so good and i'll continue to monitor the little devil.

Thanks gang!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great to hear, Henny, keep us updated on beloved Finn.

Another thing to do (hard tho) when they have stomach
upset is to give a complete break from food. Digestion is
hard on the body. A 6-12 hour break DOES NOT starve
them and sometimes is all they need to recover. Followed
with bland diet for another day or two, depending whether
they are getting better. Of course, if continued vomiting,
take to Vet!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope Finn continues to cease the vomiting. Best wishes for him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online