Need advice/bulldog head bobbing/ boxer attacks

asjeffreys

Jan 9, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have a 5 yo female EB named Bella. She is a great girl. We also have a 3 yo female boxer and a springer puppy. I know, what a crazy mix! About a year ago Bella started having head bobbing. I immediately ran to the internet to see what I could find out. (We had a springer years ago that had seizures.) Found this site and have been giving her peanut butter and or honey whenever it happens. Over Christmas things have gotten worse. Part is probably the addition of the springer puppy. But what concerns me the most is that when Bella seems fine (to us) the boxer can obviously sense something isn't right and the boxer growls and attacks Bella. It is a fight that Bella could never win, and her poor ears and face are all covered in bite marks. I pull the boxer off of her and things settle down. Bella does fight back but her breed is no match for the boxer. Right after the fight Bella is lucid, but her tongue is white or pale. I have started (just yesterday) feeding Bella in the morning and evening and trying to add more protein like I read online. But what do I do about the fighting?? I feel horrible that my Bella is all beat up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you get video of the head shake? Is she responsive during the shake?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww, such a great pack and I'm very sorry to hear all is not well.

Not experienced with head tremors but many here will help you.

What I do know is, Bella must be protected right now, I'm sure the
tension in the air & being attacked isn't good for her in every way.
You need to separate them, however that's possible right now.

I send y'all love, prayers & hope...please update us!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.