Help Needed! Prolapsed urethra

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
We are taking our boy in for what I believe to be a prolapsed urethra. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before? And what the treatment was?

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
My pup had it. He came in from outside and started bleeding from his penis. The vet gave meds, pushed it back in (it looked like a ball of blood) and said we should get him fixed. Haven't had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
That is the exact same as what happened to diesel, he came in from outside and that's when I noticed the blood. I am happy it was a simple fix. We are planning on getting him fixed anyways, so that's Not a problem for us. Thanks!!

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
That is the exact same as what happened to diesel, he came in from outside and that's when I noticed the blood. I am happy it was a simple fix. We are planning on getting him fixed anyways, so that's Not a problem for us. Thanks!!

Yep, my wife was freaking out!!![emoji23][emoji23]

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
We just got home from the vet. Diesel is booked for surgery Monday to push back and sew in the prolapsed urethra, as well as to get fixed! Thanks for all your help!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We just got home from the vet. Diesel is booked for surgery Monday to push back and sew in the prolapsed urethra, as well as to get fixed! Thanks for all your help!

Good luck with his surgery :) Is the vet bully experienced with anesthesia? Keep us posted Monday!

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I never thought to ask that, but they're a very highly recommended vet in our city - and so far we've had no problems with them. I am wondering though, we were told to wait a year to fix him by our vet - she said he wouldn't develop properly. We are obviously going to fix him early though now (8 months) because health is more important than looks. But just wondering if the difference is going to be that noticeable

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I never thought to ask that, but they're a very highly recommended vet in our city - and so far we've had no problems with them. I am wondering though, we were told to wait a year to fix him by our vet - she said he wouldn't develop properly. We are obviously going to fix him early though now (8 months) because health is more important than looks. But just wondering if the difference is going to be that noticeable

For the surgery - Just make sure they do NOT use ACE, and also confirm that they monitor closely when coming out of anesthesia & the hours right after. Those are the most critical for bullies due to their breathing.

Not sure about the neuter - since we didn't neuter Tyson until he was 8 yrs old for health reasons. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - what do you think?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mt vet opinion has always been to neuter anytime after 8 months of age-- have done all my makes at that age without any development issues

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.