Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good holiday season! I noticed last night that Boris had been itching a bit more than usual as I checked his body for signs I found some bumps in the area he had been itching. I got my flash light and took a closer look to see if there was any redness and there was not. It just feels like a patch of really thick skin, but if I press on it he seems to react a bit. We're heading to the Vet on Tuesday for a check up and I'll be asking them about it then, but thought I'd see if anyone has ideas :)

No change to diet or daily activities besides the snow we finally got :D

IMG_20151225_224231.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow! I can't believe how big Boris has gotten! He's growing into a beautiful boy!!!

These bumps - are they like scabby? Have any fallen off, to leave a patch of missing fur? If so, thinking maybe staph ...

By the way - how have his hips/legs been doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a Beauty he's grown into! Can you post a pic of the bumps?

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Well looks like someone was up all night itching and has some raw skin... I'm going to give him benadryl as I see the treats my GF got are full of chicken crap...

Raw skin

uploadfromtaptalk1452177665773.jpg

New bumps this morning

uploadfromtaptalk1452177621204.jpg

What it looks like when not itched (no redness)

uploadfromtaptalk1452177721551.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well looks like someone was up all night itching and has some raw skin... I'm going to give him benadryl as I see the treats my GF got are full of chicken crap...

Raw skin

View attachment 94741

New bumps this morning

View attachment 94740

View attachment 94742

2nd pic def looks like hives - he must be having a reaction to something. I know you said nothing new food wise - how about soap, detergent, etc? (best guess is that chicken treats) Benadryl for sure - could take a while for the hives to go down, but I would keep an eye on them, and on his breathing - ;)

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
No change in Soap or detergent. The only thing I can think of is the treats she got him last week. He's been given some Benadryl and he's out cold on his chair. I asked the GF if she had given him any treats this morning and she goes "I"M A TERRIBLE MOTHER! I gave him 2 cause he wouldn't come back inside when I let him out to go potty"

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
No change in Soap or detergent. The only thing I can think of is the treats she got him last week. He's been given some Benadryl and he's out cold on his chair. I asked the GF if she had given him any treats this morning and she goes "I"M A TERRIBLE MOTHER! I gave him 2 cause he wouldn't come back inside when I let him out to go potty"

Def the treats then - trash them now! LOL The Benadryl should help the hives in a few hours. You should be good if he's sleeping and the treats are gone :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Raw skin

View attachment 94741

New bumps this morning

View attachment 94740

View attachment 94742

Good to see you.... hope you had a great holiday season!

Looks like hives.... could be from the treats or a bug/spider bite ---- how is he this morning?

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
As of right now I have him on Benadryl and he's sleeping in his favorite chair. I was pretty worried this morning when I woke up and found a bunch of new bumps and the super red one, but I think we've identified the problem so we "should" be in the clear :D

Thanks as always everyone!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.