My Bully has cancer :(

Royalbliss1

Feb 1, 2010
Reno,NV
I took Bowser back to the vet yesterday as he has had diarrhea for the last 5 weeks with no change. 3 different meds to help stop it. On tuesday and Wednesday he couldn't hold anything he ate down. They took a few Xrays yesterday to see if there was an obstruction. They found a mass behind his stomach and 3 nodes in his chest.
They proceeded to do an ultrasound where they found that the mass was in the lower intestine and appears to be blocking most of the passage. When I saw the xrays he said that it was a 90% chance of cancer and he would know tomorrow from the blood work.
Does anyone know anything that might help me get him to absorb the nutrients faster? He has already dropped from 54.5lbs to 49.6 in 8 days.
He is a little over 2 years old.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My Bella has a congenital issue that does not allow herself to absorb and digest nutrients. The vet has her on digestive enzymes. I am not sure if this supplement would help in your dogs case or not. It is a powder that is mixed with the food and incubated for 20 mins before eating. You may want to ask him, the vet Rx is expensive, but if it works you can purchase it via the EPI website.

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
I've never had any experience with any of my animals and cancer, I am soooooo sorry for this situation u r dealing with! Bowser, you and ur family will be in our prayers

L

Lucy-licious

Oh I am so sorry to hear you and Bowser are going through this, I can only imagine your pain.
Prayers and much love coming your way from my whole household xx

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'm so sorry they found masses in your baby. Be positive until you hear for sure. I wish I could be of more help...my Cassie had cancer but never any weight loss and loved to eat. :pray: for you and Bowser.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm am hoping and praying for you and your Bully. I had a golden retriever with cancer, but we didn't find out till it was too late. Please dear God, don't let it be too late.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I am so sorry to hear about Bowser :*(! I am not of much help on the nutrient thing though Bella's Mom had a good idea. I don't see why that couldn't help. He and your family will be in my prayers as well.:pray:

OP
Royalbliss1

Royalbliss1

Feb 1, 2010
Reno,NV
I am going to give NuVet a try. Anything at this point I will try. Thank you for sharing this.
Thank you all for the kind words and support.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So very sorry to hear your baby is sick. Oh so young.... my heart breaks for you both. You are in our prayers. I am not sure if NuVet can do what the enzymes that [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] can- I would consult with your vet.

gizmo49ers

Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
I am soo sad to hear of your baby bullie's ordeal. I don't have the experience with cancer with my bullies, but I do know that when they have diarrhea I would give them canned pumpkin. It is the one that does not contain any sugar or salt or other spices. It may be helpful, ask your vet. I wish you the best, keep us posted.
Bridgette and the bullies

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=47]Royalbliss1[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear about this, and all of us are praying that it will be something that can be treated!! I would message [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] and find out exactly what enzymes she was talking about. I don't think it was NuVet but I could be wrong....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.