Thread: Ear Infection

Bulldog(s) Names
    Utley and Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Ear Infection

Bella has an ear infection. I tried getting her an appointment at the Vet today but the only open appointment is with a Vet we do not care for. Any time we see that Vet we always need to reschedule to see our normal Vet. The earliest we can get Bella in with our normal Vet is Monday morning. Do you think this is okay to wait this long to get her in? Is there anything we can do for her in between now and then? I try cleaning it but it hurts her. She only takes so much and then gets fiesty. I just don't want her to be in pain. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ear Infection

If it were me, I would probably go on in today. Just because I would worry that she would be hurting. I just think of human babies crying when they have ear infections. Dogs don't show pain like that, but who knows how it feels. Surely that vet can treat an ear infection and you can schedule the follow-up appt with your regular vet. Just my opinion. I don't like going to vets I don't like either.

3. Likes cefe13, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Old home remedies for ear problems/aches were: A few drops of warm olive oil, or equal parts apple cider vinegar and water on a cotton ball. Not soaked-put cotton down in ear. Just keep an eye out,so she doesn't get it out and eat it! @Utley
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

5. Likes TyTysmom, Vikinggirl, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Ear Infection

I would take her in, if it's an ear infection Id hope that's simple enough for the vet you don't like. You just need them to give you the ear drops/meds. If it were something that was more mysterious or needed diagnosis then I'd wait for the good vet or seek another.

Also, could get worse if you wait, catch it early if best to heal it faster.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

7. Likes Vikinggirl, CCandMurray liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I agree with others above, it should be okay to see the other vet, since it's an ear infection that can be cleared up with medication and/or ear drops. You can also try cleaning the ear with witch hazel, but if it's really sore he may not let you clean it. I hope Bella feels better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

9. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Bella has an ear infection. I tried getting her an appointment at the Vet today but the only open appointment is with a Vet we do not care for. Any time we see that Vet we always need to reschedule to see our normal Vet. The earliest we can get Bella in with our normal Vet is Monday morning. Do you think this is okay to wait this long to get her in? Is there anything we can do for her in between now and then? I try cleaning it but it hurts her. She only takes so much and then gets fiesty. I just don't want her to be in pain. Thank you in advance for your advice.

How is Ms. Bella doing?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Utley and Bella
    Likes (Received)

She is doing better. They gave her medicine that will last a week then she goes back for a follow up.

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bama's lil charlie
    Likes (Received)

My Charlie has been having ear infections a lot lately. Took him to the vet to have ears cleaned and figure out why his ear have started to smell bad. I bath him all the time. Clean his wrinkles and wipe his ears out. So After two rounds of meds steroids anti fugal and antiboctics. The vet says maybe it's his food. I have fead him pro plan shredded chicken or salmon for years. She said grain free feather free. So I started on blue buffalo lamb and potatoes .. Kinda worried now I read the reviews on BB.. Anybody got any ideas? Blue buffalo makes Charlie so gassy it's crazy. So my healthy boy has smelly ears and smelly gas...HELP! Oh smelly ears are under control for now. But after the meds are gone who knows. First he scratches his ears then they start being smelly

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Your vet is right... Stay away from grains and chicken even white potatoes can be an ear issue. Look into Taste of the wild, Fromm, Earthborn, Orijen, Acana--- all great foods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

15. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post

Remove Ads