worst puppy sitter ever !

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BUDDHA JANAVARA (AWAKEN THE BEAST)
so my boyfriend and I left on vacation to visit a family member and left buddha with a sitter. we got home and found him with this although this picture looks so much better than how we first saw it. we shaved it off and are putting ointment on it. ( we think its a hot spot) if it doesnt get any better we are taking it in. im afraid we cant go on vacation anymore lol IMG_3689.JPGIMG_3688.JPG

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Oh my goodness poor Buddha! I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys that's horrible! But I'm glad he's healing well :) if you find yourselves in upstate NY I'd be happy to watch Buddha! Murray could use a buddy to play with

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
That's exactly what happened to Henry when we went on vacation. I don't understand how it happened. I'm sure you feel the same. We haven't been on vacation since.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh No Brenda, I'm so sorry this happened to Buddha. That's awful. I hope he feels better soon. Where did this happen? Was it a kennel or boarding place or a private place? I can understand how you feel about leaving your baby again, but there are many really good places to board your dog when you go away like some vet offices offer boarding, or you could ask a family member to house sit at your place with him, I used Petsmart a couple of years ago when I went to Jamaica for a week, and they were wonderful, they were spoiled rotten and well taken care of. Just like when we leave our kids with a daycare or babysitter, there are good and bad providers. If you do your homework, ask questions, tour the facilities, and talk to other people who have used the service you can find some really good places. I hope you find a place that you feel comfortable with in the future so you can enjoy a vacation again.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I am so sorry to see what has happened to Buddha. That is one of the reasons I am afraid to leave Jewel and Bentley alone and go away. I have been researching puppy friendly places that we all can go to and enjoy some R & R and not worry about how our bullies are doing. I am hoping to win the lotto and be able to purchase a nice RV and do a whirlwind tour of the States and possibly visit EBNers along the way.

Frankly, I would take Buddha to the vet to be sure all is well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH --- yes, it is a hotspot.... poor fella! He was probably stressed out not being at home with you. :( Hot posts usually are caused by weaken immune system.... add some probiotics to his meal to help strengthen

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Awe poor baby!! That's why I never take a vacation without my dogs. I just don't think anyone can take care f them like I do. We have a camper and take them every where we go.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor Baby! We found a sitter who has lots of bully experience. She is the daughter of the social worker I work with. She is a great girl and takes exceptional care of our babies while we are away. The trade off i guess is, I came home to a filthy house! As long as my boys are taken care of though I can live with that. Keep looking, maybe your vet can recommend someone.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh my goodness poor Buddha! I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys that's horrible! But I'm glad he's healing well :) if you find yourselves in upstate NY I'd be happy to watch Buddha! Murray could use a buddy to play with

Maybe the forum can start a dialogue/thread of which EBNers are willing to sit for their local bullies. What do you think [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] ?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Maybe the forum can start a dialogue/thread of which EBNers are willing to sit for their local bullies.

Honestly that's not a bad idea...

I have a dear friend who used to be a vet tech, so my babies stay w/her. It's a real blessing… you should ask around your vet's office to see if anyone there (a tech) would babysit in your home. That way IF there is an emergency, they can just take them to your vet's.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Honestly that's not a bad idea...

I have a dear friend who used to be a vet tech, so my babies stay w/her. It's a real blessing… you should ask around your vet's office to see if anyone there (a tech) would babysit in your home. That way IF there is an emergency, they can just take them to your vet's.
In your home is key. Brutus gets sick if we go away and don't have the sitter actually stay at the house. I could never bring him elsewhere either. He is too anxious. He loved Katie (my sitter) he was happy as a clam and katie sent us videos of them everyday.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Maybe the forum can start a dialogue/thread of which EBNers are willing to sit for their local bullies. What do you think [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] ?

I think this is a great idea! I'm in!! Not a vet tech but a bully lover who would take great care of any of my EBN pals babies :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
(Maybe the forum can start a dialogue/thread of which EBNers are willing to sit for their local bullies). What do you think [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Oh so scary!!We think alike???!!! This is what I have been thinking for a long time!(yeah,sometimes I CAN think) If anyone wants to go to Tn. on vacation,Nashville/Gatlinburg,Memphis,etc. I am always here and available to babysit!!
Seriously, I have always been a good doggie sitter! p.s. If anything happens on my watch-to the vet we go!! THAT would not happen......

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
(Maybe the forum can start a dialogue/thread of which EBNers are willing to sit for their local bullies). What do you think [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Oh so scary!!We think alike???!!! This is what I have been thinking for a long time!(yeah,sometimes I CAN think) If anyone wants to go to Tn. on vacation,Nashville/Gatlinburg,Memphis,etc. I am always here and available to babysit!!
Seriously, I have always been a good doggie sitter! p.s. If anything happens on my watch-to the vet we go!! THAT would not happen......

Haha this is an excellent idea- the bf and I love gatlinburg but I can never rest with my babies stressed at some unknown place [emoji4]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.