I had a scare with Tucker at 4 a.m. Today

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
During the night, actually around 4 this morning, I had just crawled back into bed and noticed Tucker was sitting up. I reached under his chest to give him a hug, and I felt his member stick to my arm! Using the flashlight on my phone, I confirmed that his lipstick was out in full force. He has been neutered, and I rarely see the red part, so it was quite startling. What was most troubling was that his penis was fully engorged, all the way out, and I was worried it was stuck! It even looked like he had a round testicle at the base, under the skin. By then, I had turned on the bedroom light and was trying not to panic. I called my mother, who is visiting family in Tennessee, to see if she had any idea what was going on. I wanted to send her a picture, but she told me to take him outside to pee, and maybe put ice on it to see if that would work, prior to sending a pic. I lifted him off the bed because I didn't want to risk him jumping. After the potty break, he seemed to be better.

Does anyone know what could have been causing that? I was so worried about him because I don't think he would be very vocal if he were in pain. I was worried it was so strained that it might cut off circulation, and then what?!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Oh my goodness Ginger I would've been freaking out too! How is he now?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tucker must have had quite a dream! I had a tiny boy poodle. I had two females and had planned to breed. Unfortunately when the male grew up,he had a retained testicle, and had to be neutered. The two girls were not spayed, and when they would come in heat, they would be hussys and wouldn't leave the boy alone! When he couldn't take it any more,and get a "blow out" as I called it(just as you described). You did the right thing. I would put an ice pack,covered with a wash cloth on him,for it to go back in. Then he would spend some time in the crate, to stay away from the girls for awhile. Best thing to do is the ice pack.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
During the night, actually around 4 this morning, I had just crawled back into bed and noticed Tucker was sitting up. I reached under his chest to give him a hug, and I felt his member stick to my arm! Using the flashlight on my phone, I confirmed that his lipstick was out in full force. He has been neutered, and I rarely see the red part, so it was quite startling. What was most troubling was that his penis was fully engorged, all the way out, and I was worried it was stuck! It even looked like he had a round testicle at the base, under the skin. By then, I had turned on the bedroom light and was trying not to panic. I called my mother, who is visiting family in Tennessee, to see if she had any idea what was going on. I wanted to send her a picture, but she told me to take him outside to pee, and maybe put ice on it to see if that would work, prior to sending a pic. I lifted him off the bed because I didn't want to risk him jumping. After the potty break, he seemed to be better.

Does anyone know what could have been causing that? I was so worried about him because I don't think he would be very vocal if he were in pain. I was worried it was so strained that it might cut off circulation, and then what?!
Hi..Abbott is neutered and this happens to him occasionally. It gets fully engorged and sometimes he humps the air while it's like this.We usually put a cool rag on it and get him to calm down.I think it's an excited boy thing.lol

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Hi..Abbott is neutered and this happens to him occasionally. It gets fully engorged and sometimes he humps the air while it's like this.We usually put a cool rag on it and get him to calm down.I think it's an excited boy thing.lol

I think you might be right. My boyfriend laughed at me when I told him about it. Who knew? It looked so painful!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor 'lil love and you too!

Glad he's good to go...WHY do these things happen in
the middle of the night when we're helpless and everything
is closed so no answers?!!

Hugs to y'all.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I think you might be right. My boyfriend laughed at me when I told him about it. Who knew? It looked so painful!
Lol...it's funny you say that about your boyfriend.My husband had taken Abbott a few months ago to the vet and he got excited in the truck and this happened.So I get a panicked call from him and I was like just take him in and he'll calm down and it'll probably go away.My husband said No way I can't take him in like that it's embarrassing. Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not saying anything...but it's hard.
sorry I couldn't help it.

As I read this first post I had a feeling you would have to stick something in. Sorry I couldn't help it!

Yes your boy can still have a full erection even though he's fixed. (Just like human men) and that's exactly what you have described. And looks like that is what he had, a very wet dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Oh [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] :ashamed:I must have come(heh heh) to the wrong site...........that's embarrASSing!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Both Tate and Finn have had full erections too and they're fixed as well. I'm glad Tucker is doing okay and i would've panicked a bit myself!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

This happens with our Frenchie, Cheli, a lot --- it lasts a few minutes and then goes away on it own

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Kind of reminds me of the three women fishing on a pier. Two of the three ladies would fish together and the one lady would always caught most of the fish. The two ladies approached the one lady and asked how did she know on which side of the pier to fish on. The lady replied that she looked at her husband's "member" and depending on which was it was pointing either right or left that would be the side of the pier she would fish. One of the two ladies asked well what do you do if it is pointing straight up. The lady responded...I stay home and don't go fishing. :w00t:

Tell Tucker he only gets 1,000 of those...then he will need glasses (burne's amaurosis--post-marital amblyosis)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.