Apple Cider Vinegar question

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I've been reading up on ACV, one Vet was saying that it is better for the dogs to put on food, less pickiness as opposed to the water, however I use coconut oil on the morning feeding and a spoonful of yogurt for the dinner feeding. My question is should I do the ACV in the water or would it be to much to put on his food on top of the yogurt and or coconut oil? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
I use coconut for breakfast
Yogurt/pumpkin for lunch
And green beans on dinner

I use a tablespoon of braggs vinegar in his water daily.
I mean I would try it in the water first and see how it works, my little guy isn't picky about it.
I think he actually prefers the taste.
And with how big his bowls are, it mellows it out for sure, I think on the food they would get that sour yucky taste of the straight vinegar.

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the taste in their food, I think I'm going to try it in their water

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've been reading up on ACV, one Vet was saying that it is better for the dogs to put on food, less pickiness as opposed to the water, however I use coconut oil on the morning feeding and a spoonful of yogurt for the dinner feeding. My question is should I do the ACV in the water or would it be to much to put on his food on top of the yogurt and or coconut oil? Thanks

Hi, you can add it to the water, but unless he drinks all of his water, which they usually don't, he won't be getting all of the vinegar. I add 2 Tbsp's of yogurt to their morning kibble, and they get their fruit as a mid morning snack, usually a half banana each, or strawberries, or blueberries. I add Coconut Oil and the ACV to the evening kibble. Don't add the ACV together with the vinegar because it will cause the yogurt to sour and curdle.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I add the ACV to Monty's food in the morning. He doesn't care what it tastes like as long as he gets his food! He has never turned his nose up at anything, bless him!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hi, [MENTION=7837]bcarro45[/MENTION] you can put the ACV over the food and give the coconut oil or yogurt separately…Dr. Alicia McWatters, Phd.D., C.N.C. recommends adding it to food rather than water because she prefers the water to be additive free. I add to water and I've noticed it seems to help w/the redness under the chin that can sometimes happen and keep the bowl not as grimy (that's just been my perception). Just be sure to use the "mother" ACV ;)

OP
bcarro45

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Both my babies have Lix-it bottles on the crates. I put the ACV in the bottles when I clean and fill them daily. They each drink about half a bottle a day. It also eliminates dripping mess from drinking out of the bowl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online