Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porky
    Likes (Received)

Default Red spot on belly

-image-jpeg My bulldog has been on prednisone for 6 days. (3 with full tablet, 3 with 1/2 tablet and the next 1/2 every other day). This evening she has this rash/red spot. It was not there last night. She does get slightly pink every once in awhile as this is where the skin flaps together from when she had babies in her past life item (over 2 years ago). He seems shiney/maybe swollen.... Anyone have experience with this? Obviously, if it's not better in the morning we will be vet bound!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Red spot on belly

hmm, that seems like an irritation. Do you have any witch hazel you could wipe it down with? Or a douxo wipe/chlorhexidine? something soothing yet antiseptic. Last resort, maybe some hydrogen peroxide. It's a large area eh?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a heat/diaper rash..... clean the area with witch hazel and then add some desetin or gold bond medicate powder
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I would try the suggestions that Christine suggested-or get Boudreax Butt paste,and use that.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Rash is from the teets not being tight - they can actually sweat down there as it is a cave like area.... witch hazel will likely calm it down. Some females get really saggy in the teets even from one litter, while others tighten right back up each time. Example my Molly had only one large litter and another litter with 2 pups. The 2 pups were her first litter and her teets never went down. So I have been cleaning that area for her for several years now. Part of our weekly routine, otherwise it can even get stinky especially in the summer. Then there is Jesse who has only had really big litters! She's done now but she hardly looks like she ever fed pups- and is the tiniest little girl. Can't even tell really too much that she has ever been a mom.

You gotta understand it is just like us, I for example gain all my weight in my stomach and have always fought this, that is where my fat lands! No matter how thin I was my tummy is always a bulge. Then you got women who can carry a baby and after wards look like they never did. They are the lucky ones!

So yeah you may have to clean that area constantly or keep an eye on it forever.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Remove Ads