jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
image.jpeg My bulldog has been on prednisone for 6 days. (3 with full tablet, 3 with 1/2 tablet and the next 1/2 every other day). This evening she has this rash/red spot. It was not there last night. She does get slightly pink every once in awhile as this is where the skin flaps together from when she had babies in her past life item (over 2 years ago). He seems shiney/maybe swollen.... Anyone have experience with this? Obviously, if it's not better in the morning we will be vet bound!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hmm, that seems like an irritation. Do you have any witch hazel you could wipe it down with? Or a douxo wipe/chlorhexidine? something soothing yet antiseptic. Last resort, maybe some hydrogen peroxide. It's a large area eh?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like a heat/diaper rash..... clean the area with witch hazel and then add some desetin or gold bond medicate powder

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, I would try the suggestions that Christine suggested-or get Boudreax Butt paste,and use that.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Rash is from the teets not being tight - they can actually sweat down there as it is a cave like area.... witch hazel will likely calm it down. Some females get really saggy in the teets even from one litter, while others tighten right back up each time. Example my Molly had only one large litter and another litter with 2 pups. The 2 pups were her first litter and her teets never went down. So I have been cleaning that area for her for several years now. Part of our weekly routine, otherwise it can even get stinky especially in the summer. Then there is Jesse who has only had really big litters! She's done now but she hardly looks like she ever fed pups- and is the tiniest little girl. Can't even tell really too much that she has ever been a mom.

You gotta understand it is just like us, I for example gain all my weight in my stomach and have always fought this, that is where my fat lands! No matter how thin I was my tummy is always a bulge. Then you got women who can carry a baby and after wards look like they never did. They are the lucky ones!

So yeah you may have to clean that area constantly or keep an eye on it forever.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.