Dry Eye

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Bailey has dry eye in one eye and gets the eye drops that the vet gives him 2X a day. He switchs between 2 brands. Any advice on anything else i can do? Sometimes its pretty bad even with the drops and other times its okay.

Maybe some home remedies??

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm sorry but despite the multitude of things that have gone wrong with Maggie's health ... that is something we haven't had and let's hope she skips this paticular ailment!!!

L

Lucy-licious

Sorry nothing i can suggest either, just keep them clean and use artificial tears 2-3 times a day.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh geez, sorry I can't help at all. I guess I'd have to go with @lucylambchots suggestion. I'd clear it with your vet first, but maybe some over-the-counter artificial tears eye drops in addition to the prescribed ones? I really just don't know.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you use lubricating eye ointment? You can get this at walgreens..... I would ask your vet if you can use this as well. Poor baby. I cannot even imagine what that would feel like- it must be very uncomfortable!!! :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Wow, how ironic you just posted this. My elder bully just got diagnosed with Dry Eye today. In fact one is so dry that it has a secondary infection, so we are doing drops 4x a day. My vet said that the dry eye drops were very expensive to purchase via Rx, she actually makes up her own mix. She said is was olive oil and 0.2% cyclosporine. I hope this makes her feel better, she has been doing so terrible the past week. I am hoping that any little relief perks her up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.