The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can also order a gallon of chlorohexidene from Amazon for around $25 plus shipping and cut it with filtered water and have enough to make your own pads for a year or two.

OP
michaelsbroly

michaelsbroly

Nov 20, 2015
Hempstead, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Broly
Yes, I just saw you are in Hempstead. @1Chumly uses the same vet as us which is Brittmoore Animal Hospital in Houston. We use Malacetic medicated wipes for bad breakouts, but we use just plain baby wipes, and witch hazel daily. I buy the medicated wipes off Amazon, they are $20 but at least its 100 count, not 25. They last us a good while bc like I said we use them when really needed but mainly use witch hazel :) Which is cheap!

Here's the link to wipes on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Dechra 100 Count MalAcetic Wet Wipes: Pet Supplies

And we use this Witch Hazel, which I buy at Walmart, along with plain jane sensitive free baby wipes for folds, tail pockets, paws, etc:

View attachment 94620View attachment 94621

Hope it helps! And so happy that Broly is back to his normal self again! No more raw hides!

Thank you! i will defiantly look into those, are the additives in witch hazel better than just using plain baby wipes for the folds?
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] that is really interesting! what would be the steps for making your own pads?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you! i will defiantly look into those, are the additives in witch hazel better than just using plain baby wipes for the folds?
@Marine91 that is really interesting! what would be the steps for making your own pads?

yes, witch hazel has a drying agent in it. Also helps with yeast, itches, bites, skin irritations and its a great general cleanser. Even for us :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@Marine91 that is really interesting! what would be the steps for making your own pads?

Just get a container you can seal and some round cotton makeup pads. Then dilute the chlorohexidene with 2, 3 or 4 parts water to each part of solution depending on strength required. You can even use it full strength if you want. There are varying strengths you can buy but 2% usually does the trick.

Amazon.com: Chlorhexidine 2% for Horses & Dogs, One Gallon: Pet Supplies

Members online