Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADVICE!! RAW HIDE TREAT INCIDENT!!

Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ADVICE!! RAW HIDE TREAT INCIDENT!!

Oh I forgot.
    Watered down greek yogurt if it is his first time tasting it.
    if he has had yogurt before give him a 2 tbsp

Don't skip 2-3 meals in a row. He is still a puppy. Skipping/delaying one meal is fine.

2. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Another recipe I have for my EB when she has an upset tummy.
    Canine version of Jewish Penecillin
    Chicken breast about 50 gm, 1/2 carrot fine chopped. Slow boil for 20 mins; cool and serve

4. Likes michaelsbroly, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Michael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Broly
    Likes (Received)

For the pumpkin what kind? I've given him some before but it just made his stool runnier. Had no luck with it. Would Greek yougert be as good as pumpkin? If so which one plain?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsbroly View Post
    For the pumpkin what kind? I've given him some before but it just made his stool runnier. Had no luck with it. Would Greek yougert be as good as pumpkin? If so which one plain?

Plain old 100% pumpkin. Not the pie filling.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

7. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

We just went through an incident with Winnie where she swallowed a (huge) piece of a stuffy. The thing I was so amazed by was the speed at which she got really sick. One moment she was playing, chasing her ball, feeling great, and the next she looked like she was about to die. She didn't want to move at all and she had a bad look in her eyes. We went straight to the emergency vet. After xRays and some tests, she vomited up the toy, luckily. Still took her about 3 days to completely recover. I learned that Winnie will swallow anything that will possibly fit down her throat, especially if it has been chewed on and is slimey. I would take Broly in, just to have him checked. You might avoid a trip to the Emergency vet ($$$). And watch him because they can get sick fast--Winnie's temp was 104 when we got to the vet, and we couldn't have gotten there any faster than we did--it was that fast!

be sure to update us--hope sweet Broly is 100% soon!

9. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

You've been covered with great advice already, and I agree a trip to the vet is a good idea. I've been through this with Bulldozer a few times after he swallowed a sock, and we were very lucky that he was able to pass them by either pooping them out or throwing them up. The vet gave us a high fibre wet food to feed to Dozer to help him move his bowels. One time he had the sock in his tummy for a whole month before he passed it, but he didn't show any signs of being sick, he ate, drank, slept and played normal, but one time he got really sick with diarrhea, vomiting and was lethargic, but he was able to poop out the sock that evening. I hope Broly feels better soon. Sending love, hugs and prayers. Please keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

11. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Real Name
    Michael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Broly
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for the great advice! Broly is doing alot better his last stool was solid and he is up and going! I will make an appointmd tomorrow to the vet just to make sure there is nothing left inside. Just out of curiosity and crossing my fingers that it's not the case for Broly! What would be the procedure the vet might do if there is still pieces of the rawhide in his intestines???

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

lot of good advice... i know we want to give our dogs the things they like but as hard as it is we can't let them have those good things that we know will cause harm to them.. when i go to the pet store i see so many raw hides in different shapes and sizes and it amazes me that they are allowed to be sold..i do hope everything goes ok and please tell your friend that raw hides are off limits.. good luck..

14. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Real Name
    Michael
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Broly
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys an update on Broly, he is doing fine with his digestion no rawhide in his system and stools are fine. But the bad news is that Broly now has an infection on his tail, he has a little screw tail and the skin around the little nub is swollen and releasing fluid. The vet could not give me a diagnosis from what caused it, either from having diarrhea from so many days or from something else. He is now on antibiotics, pain medicine, and something to help with the swelling. Right now his tail is really sensitive, it releases some clear yellowish fluid(vet said it is puss), and it smells. It hurts him when we try and clean him after going potty, we feel really bad that our little boy has to go through this! If anyone has any advice on something to help with his healing or pain it would really help. We have a follow up appointment this Wednesday.
    Thank you so much guys!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor Broly, no experience of tail problems here but we hope his tail heals quickly! Good to hear the rawhide has left his system.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

17. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsbroly View Post
    Hi guys an update on Broly, he is doing fine with his digestion no rawhide in his system and stools are fine. But the bad news is that Broly now has an infection on his tail, he has a little screw tail and the skin around the little nub is swollen and releasing fluid. The vet could not give me a diagnosis from what caused it, either from having diarrhea from so many days or from something else. He is now on antibiotics, pain medicine, and something to help with the swelling. Right now his tail is really sensitive, it releases some clear yellowish fluid(vet said it is puss), and it smells. It hurts him when we try and clean him after going potty, we feel really bad that our little boy has to go through this! If anyone has any advice on something to help with his healing or pain it would really help. We have a follow up appointment this Wednesday.
    Thank you so much guys!
    I was going to see how things were going, sorry to read this, hope someone can give you some feedback... @1Chumly @nycbullymama

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

19. Likes michaelsbroly liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Poor little fella! I hope he is feeling better now. Monty's tail kept getting infected (really smelly and yucky) so his bully vet amputated just the very tip that was causing the problem. He also did some corrective surgery on his tail pocket. The change was remarkable and he has been problem (and smell) free ever since. His tail doesn't look any different to what it did before the surgery.

I see you are in Hempstead, are you seeing a bully vet? If not I highly recommend Brittmore Animal Hospital. It is near I-10 and Beltway 8 which will be a bit of a drive for you, but well worth it. Monty sees Dr Dikeman but I know others on here see other vets there and we all swear by them. If you have a bulldog you really need someone who knows the breed well.

Hugs to Broly!
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

21. Likes michaelsbroly, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads