Poop problems

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
For the last 3 days George has been having some terrible trouble pooping he goes out and is trying and trying and not much is coming out just small pieces and then ther can be some blood he is pushing so hard. We took him to the vet they weren't much help really except to say that he had eaten some pieces of brickwork and gave us some granules to try and make what is coming out less runny. It's hard to tell if he is in pain and that is upsetting. He seems to be sleeping ok except he had to be taken out to the toilet at 2am and that has never happened since we brought him home at 10 weeks old (6 months now). We have decided to fast him for 24 hours as we understand that when he eats a meal it is creating the urge to poop and maybe a rest would help him.
Not sure if anyone can help me but any suggestions would be appreciated.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
For the last 3 days George has been having some terrible trouble pooping he goes out and is trying and trying and not much is coming out just small pieces and then ther can be some blood he is pushing so hard. We took him to the vet they weren't much help really except to say that he had eaten some pieces of brickwork and gave us some granules to try and make what is coming out less runny. It's hard to tell if he is in pain and that is upsetting. He seems to be sleeping ok except he had to be taken out to the toilet at 2am and that has never happened since we brought him home at 10 weeks old (6 months now). We have decided to fast him for 24 hours as we understand that when he eats a meal it is creating the urge to poop and maybe a rest would help him.
Not sure if anyone can help me but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did the vet run xrays to see if he was possibly obstructed? Were they large pieces of brick? I fear that the pieces of brick could maybe hurt his intestines if they are trying to be pushed through. Is there alot of blood? I would add some pumpkin (plain canned) to see if this helps .... but if they did not do xrays - and you don't see improvement in a day, or a normal stool - I would be at the vet again....3 days is kinda already a long time :(

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Nope no X-rays I would have liked an X-ray as I have the same fear that he may have an obstruction. Yeah if nothing is improved by tomorrow he will be going back. It's impossible to keep him from eating everything and anything he finds on the ground so I really don't know how to avoid this happening again if it is an obstruction.
Thank you Jessica.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Nope no X-rays I would have liked an X-ray as I have the same fear that he may have an obstruction. Yeah if nothing is improved by tomorrow he will be going back. It's impossible to keep him from eating everything and anything he finds on the ground so I really don't know how to avoid this happening again if it is an obstruction.
Thank you Jessica.

I understand. They are so quick. I have to keep Tyson on a short leash on our walks, and watch him like a hawk! Last night he even snuck in a piece of cat poop before I could correct him, ugh. We leave our floors free of any and everything; and close him off from most rooms. I hope its not an obstruction and he can pass whatever is blocking him. Poor guy.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
He can't really get anything in the house and if food falls (as much as he likes food) he dosent jump on it but outdoors he will chew on anything from leaves to masonry and at this time of year it's hard to see anything lying around on the ground because of all the leaves but he can sniff it out.
Yeah I hope it isn't anything serious like colitis and we can sort it out soon.
Thanks again Jessica :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope it's not an obstruction, I'm surprised they didn't do an X-ray. I hope everything works out for him.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
And he just threw up now. Back to the vet in the morning I think :(

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I would put it in the bile catagory it was sort of yellow/green colour no lumps of food just a thick liquid if it's not to disgusting a sort of smoothie consistency.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I would put it in the bile catagory it was sort of yellow/green colour no lumps of food just a thick liquid if it's not to disgusting a sort of smoothie consistency.

Poor baby. You can give him some Pepcid if you have any on hand (10mg)... I would def get him to the vet, and ask for xrays.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
We don't have any antacids I'm afraid thankfully the humans in the house have no stomach issues yet. We will get him to the vets first thing in the morning and insist on an X-ray.
You are very good thanks the support is always helpful.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm just reading this. I hope and pray the little guy feels better. Man, it's so upsetting when our bullies are sick.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We don't have any antacids I'm afraid thankfully the humans in the house have no stomach issues yet. We will get him to the vets first thing in the morning and insist on an X-ray.
You are very good thanks the support is always helpful.

We've been through an obstruction, multiple xrays, ultrasounds, and exploratory surgery.... so I feel & understand your pain, it was a horrible time for us, actually right around this time last year - we had a sick bully at Christmas. I'm hoping its not an obstruction for George, and maybe just a stomach bug, just want him to feel better.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
That's terrible I'm glad you are through the other side now though. I will have to be a lot more vigilant with this guy now if it turns out it is an obstruction.
Your Tyson is very cute!

Most Reactions