Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Just wanted to update everyone on Miss Mabel- The vet gave her a Preventic collar to wear instead of taking the drops. She said we were to change it out every three weeks for a new one, up to six times. I put it on her and noticed as the days went on that she got worse and seemed to be losing her pep. Yesterday, I tossed the collar, gave her a good bath, put an egg and some raw ACV in her food and washed all of her bedding/toys. This morning, I gave her some Ester-C with more ACV in her water and little lick of local raw honey. She is currently running around like a typical bulldog baby, smashing into and running over things like Godzilla and terrorizing her big brother who just wants his after breakfast nap! I've been putting extra virgin coconut oil on her bald spots at night and none of them have gotten infected. I think I am going to try the natural route for getting rid of the puppy mange. She seems to be feeling so much better already, so it makes me feel as if it's the right course of action. Has anyone else dealt with demodex mange this way? I would love to hear what worked and what didn't!

Have you tried putting Jammies on her after you put the Coconut oil? I know someone else who had issues with mange and the Jammies helped, so that the oil could soak in nicely. Plus they are so stinkin cute :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.