Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Boosting bully's immune system

Hi, I'm sorry your baby is going through this, and at such a young age. These guys are so sensitive and seem to have so. Any immune system issues. My guys have allergies, especially my male Bulldozer, he is allergic to 7 proteins, and I had to make him a vegan using Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan Kibble and adding non animal proteins like cottage cheese, kidney beans, eggs, and lentils. I give my guys plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble everyday, I add ACV and NuVet or My Healthy Pet Seagreens Powder (Kelp) to their evening kibble and they also get Coconut Oil for the Omega Fatty Acids. All of these things are great for boosting the immune system, and for their skin and coat. I hope Manel feels better soon. Sending Love, hugs and prayers.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

2. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus and Mabel
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to update everyone on Miss Mabel- The vet gave her a Preventic collar to wear instead of taking the drops. She said we were to change it out every three weeks for a new one, up to six times. I put it on her and noticed as the days went on that she got worse and seemed to be losing her pep. Yesterday, I tossed the collar, gave her a good bath, put an egg and some raw ACV in her food and washed all of her bedding/toys. This morning, I gave her some Ester-C with more ACV in her water and little lick of local raw honey. She is currently running around like a typical bulldog baby, smashing into and running over things like Godzilla and terrorizing her big brother who just wants his after breakfast nap! I've been putting extra virgin coconut oil on her bald spots at night and none of them have gotten infected. I think I am going to try the natural route for getting rid of the puppy mange. She seems to be feeling so much better already, so it makes me feel as if it's the right course of action. Has anyone else dealt with demodex mange this way? I would love to hear what worked and what didn't!
    There's no love like bulldog love [SIGPIC]

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GusterandMabel View Post
    Just wanted to update everyone on Miss Mabel- The vet gave her a Preventic collar to wear instead of taking the drops. She said we were to change it out every three weeks for a new one, up to six times. I put it on her and noticed as the days went on that she got worse and seemed to be losing her pep. Yesterday, I tossed the collar, gave her a good bath, put an egg and some raw ACV in her food and washed all of her bedding/toys. This morning, I gave her some Ester-C with more ACV in her water and little lick of local raw honey. She is currently running around like a typical bulldog baby, smashing into and running over things like Godzilla and terrorizing her big brother who just wants his after breakfast nap! I've been putting extra virgin coconut oil on her bald spots at night and none of them have gotten infected. I think I am going to try the natural route for getting rid of the puppy mange. She seems to be feeling so much better already, so it makes me feel as if it's the right course of action. Has anyone else dealt with demodex mange this way? I would love to hear what worked and what didn't!

This is great news. I am all about the natural way if possible. And good to tossing the collar! I think that if what you have tried is working well, keep up with that! I have done the same with Tyson in regards to ACV, egg, cleaning/washing, etc. He had demodex when I first got him, but after changing his food, and a short round of antibiotics it cleared up.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GusterandMabel View Post
    Have you tried putting Jammies on her after you put the Coconut oil? I know someone else who had issues with mange and the Jammies helped, so that the oil could soak in nicely. Plus they are so stinkin cute

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads